"original" speakers for DS - any suggestions ?
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GreenBlood

Thread: "original" speakers for DS - any suggestions ?

Default "original" speakers for DS - any suggestions ?

Dear all,
    I have a manual 1974 DS23ie that had a 80s radio which I have removed and replaced with an original radio.

I know we can purchase single speakers from OS sources for sites on top of the dash and the rear parcel shelf, but I was wondering if anyone has had success with local sources or alternatives.

Advertisement

Trying for some sort of middle road between originality (single hole in parcel shelf and above dash) and sound quality

Any advice appreciated, and apologies in advance if i have missed a previous thread.

regards

Ramon
    1974 DS23 ie Pallas 5 speed

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by ramonm View Post
    Dear all,
    I have a manual 1974 DS23ie that had a 80s radio which I have removed and replaced with an original radio.

I know we can purchase single speakers from OS sources for sites on top of the dash and the rear parcel shelf, but I was wondering if anyone has had success with local sources or alternatives.

Trying for some sort of middle road between originality (single hole in parcel shelf and above dash) and sound quality

Any advice appreciated, and apologies in advance if i have missed a previous thread.

regards

Ramon
    Probably need to know more about your 'original' radio, those manufactured for fitment to the late Ds were pretty basic by todays standards. Does yours have FM and stereo?

It shouldn't be too difficult to find something suitable for the rear, but a single speaker for the correct position in the dash will be a challenge unless you go for the repros available through Der Franzose and the like. . .
    https://www.franzose.de/en/Citroen-D...adio/ANR18515/

If you do have stereo, this is a nice idea to get some highs in front of your ears, pretty poor separation but your not looking to win a 'sound off' competition. . .

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "original" speakers for DS - any suggestions ?-ds-speaker.jpg  
    Lasya likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

I changed my front speaker on a 74 ds with two 4" speakers from jb hi fi. With a bit of ingenuity they fit the space. Sounds great

Thanks Chaps,

Greenblood - I have an original Continental Edison radio which is mono but has FM.

PeterMol - the two 4inch speakers in that space is a neat job indeed !

I have decided to source the speakers from OS, let you know how it goes.

cheers

Ramon
    1974 DS23 ie Pallas 5 speed

Thread Information