CX 2400 Pallas
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Greg C
  • 1 Post By Middlemoon.1

Thread: CX 2400 Pallas

Default CX 2400 Pallas

Please pardon my ignorance but what is the difference between a CX and a CX Pallas?
    David

Advertisement

trim level

Fellow Frogger

Pretty much Kingswood v Premier. No Belmont.

In our market, almost all the cars sold new were at Pallas level, but the boot badge may just note CX in some years. There may also be a few private imports in odd specifications and the earliest versions of the CX sold here would have been the entry level, no power steering 'Super' and the 2200 Pallas. The Super will be virtually extinct on account of the lack of power steering.

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Mine has no power steering but is a Pallas - was a private import though

Quote Originally Posted by WRB View Post
    Mine has no power steering but is a Pallas - was a private import though
    And mine has power steering but is a Super......but it's a Super Safari (break/wagon) and pretty sure that was correct for those. Were there any Super saloons sold here which came with power steering from the factory??

I think all real Pallas should have power steering. I will check in the library tonight to be sure though
    addo likes this.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davidtl View Post
    Please pardon my ignorance but what is the difference between a CX and a CX Pallas?
    David
    It's just trim level. Different cloth upholstery with leather available as an option, more sound deadening, higher spec carpets, more small chrome bits, full wheel caps, front electric windows as standard rather than an option. You get the idea. Pallas spec was available with all engines I think except the 2000 from '74. The longer wheelbase Prestige was the step above the Pallas. The GTi was a lateral move to more sportiness, but was equipped roughly the same. The wagons were never officially available as a Pallas, although the later ones were almost exactly Pallas trim.The overall effect was much more noticeable on the Series 1 and 1.5 cars than the Series 2 versions.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    I think all real Pallas should have power steering. I will check in the library tonight to be sure though
    I've had a couple of CX2200 pallas manual steered in the past .....................................
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

I am still amazed at the value of CXs. They are incredibly reasonable given that, like the D, they are very interesting in shape and performance. Price set to go up I think!

Tim
    Jinandfonic likes this.

My 1975 build CX super 2200 saloon has power steering, last time I looked I think I saw a white steering governor and hydraulics going down to the rack. I have never driven this car and kept it because of its age. It would tear apart if driven at speed due to virtually no windscreen pillars and no metal under bonnet hinges!
    Are there any other 75 CX's around?

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by citmad View Post
    My 1975 build CX super 2200 saloon has power steering, last time I looked I think I saw a white steering governor and hydraulics going down to the rack. I have never driven this car and kept it because of its age. It would tear apart if driven at speed due to virtually no windscreen pillars and no metal under bonnet hinges!
    Are there any other 75 CX's around?
    I don't know if it counts for your purposes or not, but I do know of one very nice all-original 2200 Super in the San Francisco Bay Area. I don't remember for sure, but it's either a '74 or '75.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Thread Information