Information on history of my recently aquired 1979 CX with 2.5 D engine swap
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Wayneb
  • 1 Post By Wayneb
  • 2 Post By Wayneb

Thread: Information on history of my recently aquired 1979 CX with 2.5 D engine swap

Default Information on history of my recently aquired 1979 CX with 2.5 D engine swap

I recently purchased this Bronze 1979 CX with a 2.5D engine. Pallas with mid brown leather. I understand it came from WA to Queensland for a Citeon meeting (2011), and at some stage later was sold to Shane ? from Albury.
    It has had much work done on it with a recent (maybe 5-10 years) respray and rust job. Has very minor rust returning that I am in process of getting repaired. Engine is very competent ( drove from Albury to Newcastle in 6 hrs) and only used about 40lts of fuel.
    Any info would be great.
    Oh! at some stage the door trims have been recovered in Velor, wich suits it, plastic trims so hard to find so this was a good options.
    Pleasae see attached Photos
    Are there any other CX's in the Newcastle / Hunter region besides Paul Smyth.
    Cheers wayne BarrettInformation on history of my recently aquired 1979 CX with 2.5 D engine swap-20151018_154314.jpgInformation on history of my recently aquired 1979 CX with 2.5 D engine swap-20151018_154331.jpgInformation on history of my recently aquired 1979 CX with 2.5 D engine swap-20151018_154350.jpgInformation on history of my recently aquired 1979 CX with 2.5 D engine swap-20151018_154403.jpgInformation on history of my recently aquired 1979 CX with 2.5 D engine swap-20151018_154419.jpgInformation on history of my recently aquired 1979 CX with 2.5 D engine swap-20151018_154432.jpg

Advertisement
    Jinandfonic likes this.

Congratulations!. Such a nice car which I'm sure you will enjoy for years to come.

Tim

Yes, I am sure I will...in 37 years of driving I have only had Volvos (240 series), renault 16, and a 504.....so really looking forard to Touring in this gem......I always regret not picking a CX sooner....I did have the oportunity to buy a DS about 15years ago before
    they went thru the roof...I think the CX series are at ground floor and will move soon....I hope so...not for the money...just so more get saved

Attached is my much loved Volvo every day driver.....the CX will have to share work shifts
    Information on history of my recently aquired 1979 CX with 2.5 D engine swap-20151017_165824.jpg
    Jinandfonic likes this.

Nice car the 240! And same colour! Best wishes - there are CX aficionados here in buckets. For Sheer amazement and pleasure, check out Gerry's restoration thread!

Tim

The car was originally owned by Perth's DS guru Laurens Borg. While he was away at one stage the car, which was in his back yard, was badly vandalised. Zykra bought it from Laurens and between Bob Senn and Laurens they gave it an engine transplant, repainted it, reupholstered etc etc Tens of thousands were spent getting it back on the road.

Zykra undertook it with the intention of taking it to the 2011 Cit-in in Stanthorpe. Due to circumstances there were doubts about it making it to Brisbane in time for Justin to pick it up to drive to Cit-in. To help out I drove the car from Perth to Brisbane, in four days, and met Justin there. The car performed flawlessly on the trip - bar the tail pipe dropping off (it had only been attached with a single spot weld) as I went from Orooroo to Paratoo (on the Barrier Hwy)

My recent (then) purchase from Donat was my return vehicle. There was a thread about the trip (in both directions) at the time.
    CX cross country jaunt
    and http://www.denmarkwa.biz/Cit-in2011

Zykra and Bob would be able to give you much fuller details on the car.
    Last edited by rmac; 18th October 2015 at 06:14 PM. Reason: added links
    Current Cars
    Australia's 2016 C5 2.0HDi Last
    2011 C5 2.0HDi Comfort
    1973 Citroen D Super 5,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400 Pallas C-matic,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400ie Super Familiale C-matic - Raid Arctique 2014
    1991 Mazda E2200
    1924 Citroen 'la petit citron'

Epic trip. Perth to Brissie in four days!

Good buy that car. A lot spent to get it to Brisbane!
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Thankyou so much....I I had suspicions it had an interesting history.....you may be happy to hear that it will be coveted by me for many years....and driven on a regular basis.....as my Volvo is.....
    Last edited by Wayneb; 18th October 2015 at 07:06 PM.
    JohnW and Jinandfonic like this.

Well it such a small world for my CX.....I have found and talked to people that have owned it right back to the Mid 80's even Laurens......thankyou to all that asissted
    Cheers....Wayne......please fee free to contact me if you wish to track the next phase of life for this interesting CX

well, the CX is off to get a thorough check up at Greg Feinburgs today....I believe he is well known in the Citreon community. he is going to be the cars mechanic, lucky to find someone who is enthusiastic about early Citroens in the Newcastle area

Thread Information