Interna Condenser Heater C5 HDI 2003 Sedan
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Interna Condenser Heater C5 HDI 2003 Sedan

Hi, I would like to know if you stock a internal heating condenser, the one where the water runs trough to heat the internal of the cabin. It has a water inlet/outlet. If so do you have a picture and part number of this item. This is for a Citroen C5 2003 HDI sedan chassis nr VF7DCRHZE76383291 . Price plus postage to Sydney Australia. Kind Regards. Hopefully you may have a diagram that you can send me showing how to remove and replace this part.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Um... I think you pressed the wrong button. This is a forum. It's a pig of a job to replace, and hopefully we'll get a thread running on that.

New heater cores are easily found on British and European eBay, but delivery charges are high.
    Last edited by seasink; 14th October 2015 at 06:07 PM.

It's Part 6448J8 with an RRP in Australia of $229.79 from the dealer.

Interna Condenser Heater C5 HDI 2003 Sedan-c5_heater_core.jpg

You can see where it fits (arrow):
    Interna Condenser Heater C5 HDI 2003 Sedan-heater_box_c5.jpg

For an idea of imported cost:
    6448J8 | eBay

Or you can ask EAI in Sydney, or French Connection in Melbourne.

Hi Johan,
    just going by that diagram, it looks pretty accessible. You would need to remove the glovebox to have access to the area, and to also remove some of the footwell panels. It looks like you would just remove the cover screws and pull it towards the left hand side. It might just be that the 'o' rings where the hoses connect need to be replaced.
    Can you see where the the water is coming from?
    Cheers... George 1/8th.

It may be better not to contact Dave, a forum sponsor, after that tirade

I have to say yours is certainly not my experience.

Life will go on. You'll find other places to sell you the bits you need, and Dave will find customers that work in with his style.

It's funny, we were talking today at the "Tyre Kicking" about the merits of saying something openly vs a knife in the back.

Consensus seemed to be, that we'd all rather be called a whatever to our faces, than be subjected to a whispering campaign.

1000+ Posts

Default Heater core !

Quote Originally Posted by JohanM View Post
    Hi, I would like to know if you stock a internal heating condenser, the one where the water runs trough to heat the internal of the cabin. It has a water inlet/outlet. If so do you have a picture and part number of this item. This is for a Citroen C5 2003 HDI sedan chassis nr VF7DCRHZE76383291 . Price plus postage to Sydney Australia. Kind Regards. Hopefully you may have a diagram that you can send me showing how to remove and replace this part.
    Hi JohanM,
    I actually have the complete heater/core/air conditioner/fan etc out of a 2002 C5. It is a very large unit. However if you wished to look at it or buy it for your required part or whatever it is available for you. It may even be useful to look at if you were to buy a new heater core and could see how to fit it into your unit.

PM me if you wish to take it further. My email is also available on the forum contact page. I am in Newcastle.
    Jaahn (john)

PS I have been very happy with my dealings with Dave over the years. However perhaps there are several people who work there !

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by George 1/8th View Post
    Hi Johan,
    just going by that diagram, it looks pretty accessible. You would need to remove the glovebox to have access to the area, and to also remove some of the footwell panels. It looks like you would just remove the cover screws and pull it towards the left hand side. It might just be that the 'o' rings where the hoses connect need to be replaced.
    Can you see where the the water is coming from?
    Cheers... George 1/8th.
    visit the forums too often. I shall investigate your instructions further and see what is involved, tx again much appreciated.
    TX for your reply, sorry getting back a bit latter than expected but then I don't

Tadpole

Tx for the input, I don't usually have issues with anyone, especially when I had such great service from a previous experienced sales service person that had worked there for many years and having directed many customers their way. I prefer to keep moving forward. tx

Tadpole

Tx jaahn, good feedback. If u have any pics on this one would be helpful. The heater core is leaking I assume it could also be the hose connections. I have not been able to look at it as I have been trying to get some more info on this issue such as getting access to it without the removal of the dashboard! Hence the reason for the delay of getting the part. But I will make an effort to now put some time into this as it can be a bit chilly without the heater, summer time its no problem until the winter arrives or maybe this is an excuse for me to look for another car? Anyway, thanks again for your reply its appreciated. Let me know if u do still have it and if u can send me some pics. tx

Tadpole

Tx George, the only time I noticed this was a problem is when the floor/footwell was soaked with water coolant. When I isolated/disconnected the heater core water inlet hoses it stopped the water leaking. So I know its the water core heater but to get to it seems a bit of an issue after having had discussions with my mechanic who also confirmed its the internal heater core. Because he is not a expert Citroen person he was not too keen to get involved knowing it will be time consuming. So, therefore am looking or searching rather for any information relevant to this problem where it will provide additional info to facilitate a easier removal without taking apart the dashboard. As we all know there are certain cuts in resolving problems like this and I need to find out the best way to get the best result moving forward. Anyway, thank you again and any further input on this one is appreciated. tx

Tadpole

Tx addo, I prefer to move forward rather than getting involved with issues that should not be issues in the first place. But then we do deal with people that are who they are. Yes, life will go on regardless.

Also I hear you may have a Lexia. I have currently only one key the fob type including remote buttons. I need a spare one, any ideas ? tx I do not have the code card as it was not given to me when I bought the car.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohanM View Post
    Tx jaahn, good feedback. If u have any pics on this one would be helpful. The heater core is leaking I assume it could also be the hose connections. I have not been able to look at it as I have been trying to get some more info on this issue such as getting access to it without the removal of the dashboard! Hence the reason for the delay of getting the part. But I will make an effort to now put some time into this as it can be a bit chilly without the heater, summer time its no problem until the winter arrives or maybe this is an excuse for me to look for another car? Anyway, thanks again for your reply its appreciated. Let me know if u do still have it and if u can send me some pics. tx
    Hi JohanM,
    I regret to say that the air control unit I referred to has long gone to the scrap along with other good C5 stuff people did not want. That post quoted above is dated 19th October 2015, almost a year ago .
    Perhaps a more regular visit to AFs could be productive.
    Jaahn

Thanks, yes I do not visit the forum often, time poor but will make a point of doing so. tx

This has been resolved, have found the spare key

1000+ Posts

Well that's something! How did you survive winter without a heater? And what have you done with JohanM?

Cheers

Alec

Addo, thanks for the info. Where the red arrow is indicated is that where the heater core is? Also are there any removal instructions available ? Does any one have any pictures that may show the position of the actual heater core or have any experience in its removal procedure. Thank you for any input that may be provided.

Hi Guys,

For what it's worth both the heater core and the connecting hoses are NFP from Citroen. For the uninitiated, thats No Further Part, or for Shane Not F&*#@n Possible :-)). Early C5s are going the same way as Xantia's, with parts going NFP.

Where Citroen in the past was pretty sympathetic in keeping the older car parts in stock, since the recent financial crisis, there are disappearing fairly quickly after 10 years.

Best regards,

Greg
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

Thread Information