• Register
  • Help
Like Tree12Likes
  • 6 Post By Middlemoon.1
  • 2 Post By Middlemoon.1
  • 4 Post By k eeles

Thread: DS 60th Jubilee Run

Default DS 60th Jubilee Run

Just back from what must be one of our best drives. And alongside my all time favourite cars and citroen friends going back 30 years. Just spectacular, and a reminder that it's the people that make it great. We were so impressed also with clubs along the way that hosted us - some of the community-minded things they are doing such as mentoring disenfranchised youth in the art of classic car restoration. They are having great success where schools can't cut it. An absolutely memorable 10 days in some of the best country victoria and NSW has to offer! Our DS 21 BVH performed faultlessly and remained below normal on the temp gauge through the the most challenging climbs. Good preparation of the crossflow radiator I suppose. No water, oil or LHM used either after more than 2200 KLMs. Very happy! The organisers all deserve medals.

Advertisement

Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS 60th Jubilee Run-60th-jubilee.jpg   DS 60th Jubilee Run-snow-shot-jubilee.jpg   DS 60th Jubilee Run-cit-jubilee.jpg  
    Last edited by Middlemoon.1; 12th October 2015 at 10:59 PM.

Is your car ready?
    WOAH good to see so many older Ds! Is the Michael Paas`s ID Safari?
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

Yes that's Michael's Safari. It went beautifully. Pity your car was laid up...you would have loved the trip, Kaz. Yes my DS went like a train.

Tim
    Last edited by Middlemoon.1; 13th October 2015 at 11:31 AM.

While citroen clubs were very well-represented, It was excellent to touch base in person with a few from the Aussiefrogs world who for me to date had been nom de plumes only. Visitors came also from 4 Aussie states, that I counted, maybe 5, New Zealand and France! There was encouragement and assistance in bucket loads and there is always something new to learn about these incredible cars. The Sapphire Coast weather was just delightful, as was the snow country the day previous! We particularly enjoyed the friendships and partnerships that have sustained many years of citroen ownership and enthusiasm. There were many determinations to stay in contact and to plan more citroen trips into the future. Nobody will forget that run in a hurry. For many, of course, it was a difficult time of year to get away. I hope you get your chance soon to enjoy such a run. I'm looking forward to the Como day, and forwards to the next Citin. I've got the bug with my new toy! Two couples organized the event and not enough praise can be lavished upon them. The contribution they made to celebration of the DS Jubilee in Australia, and providing a spectacular event for participants, and adoring members of the public in all towns we passed through, is just outstanding. Australian D ownership is distinctive and this really came through. I plan to take my car on a bit of a victorian run to see some of the artful practitioners that were not able to make it on the run…such is my renewed enthusiasm and luck with long-service leave!

Tim
    Last edited by Middlemoon.1; 15th October 2015 at 06:27 PM.
    UFO and Lasya like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Middlemoon.1 View Post
    While both citroen clubs were very well-represented, It was excellent to touch base in person with a few from the Aussiefrogs world who for me to date had been non de plumes only.
    Tim
    Sounds great.

For clarity, what do you mean by "both citroen clubs" ?

Certainly Aussie Frogs is a great way to contact owners who are not into any of the traditional marque clubs.
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

should be many citroen clubs! Apologies! There were a few involved and Aussiefrogs is almost a club in itself I suppose!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Middlemoon.1 View Post
    While citroen clubs were very well-represented, It was excellent to touch base in person with a few from the Aussiefrogs world who for me to date had been nom de plumes only. Visitors came also from 4 Aussie states, that I counted, maybe 5, New Zealand and France! There was encouragement and assistance in bucket loads and there is always something new to learn about these incredible cars. The Sapphire Coast weather was just delightful, as was the snow country the day previous! We particularly enjoyed the friendships and partnerships that have sustained many years of citroen ownership and enthusiasm. There were many determinations to stay in contact and to plan more citroen trips into the future. Nobody will forget that run in a hurry. For many, of course, it was a difficult time of year to get away. I hope you get your chance soon to enjoy such a run. I'm looking forward to the Como day, and forwards to the next Citin. I've got the bug with my new toy! Two couples organized the event and not enough praise can be lavished upon them. The contribution they made to celebration of the DS Jubilee in Australia, and providing a spectacular event for participants, and adoring members of the public in all towns we passed through, is just outstanding. Australian D ownership is distinctive and this really came through. I plan to take my car on a bit of a victorian run to see some of the artful practitioners that were not able to make it on the runÖsuch is my renewed enthusiasm and luck with long-service leave!

Tim
    Well summed up Tim and I endorse your thoughts fully. Brian, Ester, Bruce and Bev did a great job to ensure we all had a great time.

We ended up doing 3098 miles door to door and the car never missed a beat.

DS 60th Jubilee Run-img_0226.jpgDS 60th Jubilee Run-img_0224.jpgDS 60th Jubilee Run-img_0188.jpgDS 60th Jubilee Run-img_0183.jpgDS 60th Jubilee Run-img_0243.jpgDS 60th Jubilee Run-img_0246.jpg

Thread Information