• Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gerrypro
  • 1 Post By gerrypro

Thread: 2 litres of LHM

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 2 litres of LHM

I really must fix that leak at some stage... well it is really more of a river now, and in one of the few places that are easy to reach under the bonnet of an XM

Advertisement

I know how to dispense with two litres of LHM really quickly! Just refit a CX left front sphere and make sure the seal gets pinched as you screw the sphere in. Two litres can make a mess in as much time as it takes to turn off the ignition once the leak has been discovered! My God what a mess!
    UFO likes this.
    Cheers Gerry

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

It is all over the floor of my garage because I changed the spheres on the CX and, that is exactly what happened....

So Are you going to offer an apology to the XM? Sneaky little culprits, are CXs!
    Cheers Gerry

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gerrypro View Post
    So Are you going to offer an apology to the XM? Sneaky little culprits, are CXs!
    I think the old adage about punishing your children everyday applies. If you don't know what they did, it won't matter because surely, they will.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

I still haven't got of my ass and fixed it. To connectors on top of the pump and the seal for it that has been lounging in the armrest for the best part of a year...

JBN

The extent to which some people go to prevent rust in the engine compartment.

John

The leakage never seems to extend as far as the battery box. perhaps they should have come up with a device that leaked LHM in this vicinity. Also if the leaky return lines ran down the inside of the sills, most of the CX rust issues could have been prevented. The only other challenge would have been to get leaking LHM into the boot lid and the door cavities. Solve that and you too can have a rust free CX!
    jaahn likes this.
    Cheers Gerry

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gerrypro View Post
    The leakage never seems to extend as far as the battery box. perhaps they should have come up with a device that leaked LHM in this vicinity. Also if the leaky return lines ran down the inside of the sills, most of the CX rust issues could have been prevented. The only other challenge would have been to get leaking LHM into the boot lid and the door cavities. Solve that and you too can have a rust free CX!
    I could see that as a factory option, much as automatic oiling systems from the early 20th century. You turn so many miles- say, 2500- and everything gets an automatic shot of LHM. There could be a manual system for the GS. What's one more button to fiddle with?
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Thread Information