Citroen CX Headlamp Wiper Wiring
  • Register
  • Help

Default Citroen CX Headlamp Wiper Wiring

Hello

I want CX series 1 Headlamp Wiper Wiring. these wipers was standard on Sweden and Finland market models.

There are two version of them, early SEV-Marshal wipers and later (from 12/1976) Bosch wipers, I have Bosch wipers but I don`t have wiring Diagrams for installing them, also for this system I need wiring diagram of headlamp washers because their washer pump is separate from main windscreen washer pump.

anyone by chance have those wiring diagrams or known where can I found them?

Cheers

Advertisement

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Let me poke around a bit, Houtan. This might take me a little time. With the Bosch wipers, they might be similar electrically to a Mercedes W124. Volvo 260 series might also be the same. Do you already have the wipers and the switch?
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Thanks,

I only have the wipers (motors+blades) and its washer pump, I don`t know where is the place of it`s switch because I don`t have it`s diagram.

Fellow Frogger

You'll probably find they work off the screen washer circuit and make use of its timer, but only when the headlamps are switched on. I couldn't work out why they didn't work on another car I owned, but then miraculously they did with the headlamps on.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

if you have problems, it'll probably the switch, the headlights are un-relayed and the switch WILL go up in smoke at some point The fix is to fit relays

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

My car orginaly have no headlamp wiper but when I bought the car, previous owner told me that he bought the headlamp wipers from Germany but find no time for install them, So I want the wiring diagram to made the wire harness myself and inslall them.

Cheers

Best I've been able to find so far is the 01/74 issued tech note covering the Swedish spec D headlamp wipers. I don't know for sure if your motors are the same or not. See note 213D near the bottom of the page. Can you post a pic of your motors, clearly showing the wiring on them? Also, if you can find and post the manufacturer brand and model number. We might be able to figure it out from there.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Peter Larssen at CTA will know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    Best I've been able to find so far is the 01/74 issued tech note covering the Swedish spec D headlamp wipers. I don't know for sure if your motors are the same or not. See note 213D near the bottom of the page. Can you post a pic of your motors, clearly showing the wiring on them? Also, if you can find and post the manufacturer brand and model number. We might be able to figure it out from there.
    Thanks for the link, the DS system is complete different. CX have two different small motors for each wipers, made by Bosch and it`s code in Citroen part manual is 75 531 173. also in headlamp washer cx models there are different washer pump system made by Sev-Marshal (same as Peugeot 504 washer pump) that placed out of water tank.

-Daffyduke: I will ask from CTA, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Houtan View Post
    Thanks for the link, the DS system is complete different. CX have two different small motors for each wipers, made by Bosch and it`s code in Citroen part manual is 75 531 173. also in headlamp washer cx models there are different washer pump system made by Sev-Marshal (same as Peugeot 504 washer pump) that placed out of water tank.

-Daffyduke: I will ask from CTA, thanks.
    Sorry about that. I wish I could have done better for you. Someone else you might want to try is CX Basis in Germany. I'll keep looking.

Thread Information