• Help
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By JBN
  • 4 Post By gerrypro
  • 1 Post By ScotFrog

Thread: Favourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread

Fellow Frogger!

Default Favourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread

Toys...I love 'em!! And I have had these literally all my life and I am sure others love theirs too.
    Occasionally you see a brilliant die cast model. I am really attached to all of mine for various reasons but have a handful or real favourites.
    1. The two tractions are brilliant and the red is quite old, blue quite new.
    2. Blue GS is delta blue and I bought years ago from Model Cars Australia in Sydney CBD, and it was second hand and I paid a lot for it at the time. It is one of the favourites.
    3. The green Dyane is probably the favourite and I bought in Greece in 1983.
    4. The SM also came from Model Cars Australia.
    5. DS Taxi - fairly recent too. Just eBay.
    6. Some Tomica and Majorette models on shelf in miniature. Of course some 2cv's, DS etc.

I would love love to see the favourite model collection of others with CLOSE UP pics. So easy to do these days.

Chris Mortimer

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Favourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-image.jpg   Favourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-image.jpg   Favourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-image.jpg   Favourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-image.jpg   Favourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-image.jpg   Favourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-image.jpg  

Last edited by qmusic; 1st October 2015 at 08:42 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

This is my current collection. It's a mixture of 1/43 hand-builts and bought-ins. I started collecting DS rally models and it sort of grew from there. I have a number of models in build and a box full awaiting their fate.
    roger

Favourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-dsmodels_1.jpg
    Last edited by lhs2.1; 2nd October 2015 at 07:02 PM.

Favourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-img_3235.jpgFavourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-img_3236.jpgFavourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-img_3237.jpgFavourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-img_3238.jpgFavourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-img_3239.jpgFavourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-img_3240.jpgFavourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-img_3241.jpgFavourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-img_3242.jpgFavourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-img_3243.jpgFavourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-img_3244.jpg

Adrian

Current;

Xantia V6 Exclusive Auto 2000

Past;

CX25 GTI Turbo series 1 1985
    DS23 IE Pallas 5sp 1974
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984 Parts
    2CV 1988
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984

JBN

I was given this hand made model of a 2CV last week. Made out of a Strawberry Fanta tin. Doors kind of open (door locks are bent pins that rotate) as does the boot and bonnet. The windows are plastic and the front ones are stuck open.

The build quality is very close to the original and the metal is only slightly thinner.

Favourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-img_3482.jpgFavourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-img_3483.jpg

John
    CarNut, GreenBlood and Kenfuego like this.

Isn't it a pity that when modelling tractions very few manufacturers ever get the grille correctly proportioned. Spoils the whole effect.I have a very nice Solido Familiale Six 1939, that comes very close in the 1/43 scale. It is my favourite TA model!
    Cheers Gerry

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gerrypro View Post
    Isn't it a pity that when modelling tractions very few manufacturers ever get the grille correctly proportioned. Spoils the whole effect.I have a very nice Solido Familiale Six 1939, that comes very close in the 1/43 scale. It is my favourite TA model!
    Pics or it doesn't exist!
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    Pics or it doesn't exist!
    I'll send one tomorrow Bill!
    Cheers Gerry

For Bill (and others)!
    Favourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-img_0780.jpg
    Cheers Gerry

Favourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-2015-10-06-11.24.40.jpg
    And the ones I have left
    Wayne
    Life may not be the party you hoped for, but while you're here you may as well dance

Citroen DS 23 Coupe
    Citroen CX 2400 Wagon
    Ford Territory TS AWD

For Bill (and others)!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0780.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	75249
    Wow! What scale is this please..?

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post
    Wow! What scale is this please..?
    !/43, Graham
    Cheers Gerry

Fellow Frogger!

Wow!! So cool these little things. Some incredible models there. Hope a few more appear. They look great when filmed up close. Chris

For Bill (and others)!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0780.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	75249
    That's a nice one, Gerry. I don't think I've seen a Solido 15 Familiale before. Take one of those and carefully turn it into a 22.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    That's a nice one, Gerry. I don't think I've seen a Solido 15 Familiale before. Take one of those and carefully turn it into a 22.
    Sorry Bill. I made a mistake! It is not Solido! It is Norev! See what happens when you trust a failing memory!
    Cheers Gerry

Sorry Bill. I made a mistake! It is not Solido! It is Norev! See what happens when you trust a failing memory!

Eh- not a thing. I'm curious about where you got it, or is it one of those things where you saw it, had to have it, and you can't remember for the life of you where from? A lot of my collection is like that.

I gotta get some pics posted. My collection was based on don't care what scale, it just needs double chevrons. Several kits to go with the built models.

I do my searching on Ebay. But I am very finicky about whether or not the model "looks right". A lot of the listings do not give enough detail or close up shots to warrant taking a chance. There fore my collection is limited. Also it helps if the subject is a traction! I am not biased------much!
    Cheers Gerry

I do my searching on Ebay. But I am very finicky about whether or not the model "looks right". A lot of the listings do not give enough detail or close up shots to warrant taking a chance. There fore my collection is limited. Also it helps if the subject is a traction! I am not biased------much!
    Your collection isn't limited. Your collection consists of a subject matter in a style that suits you. My criteria just happens to be a bit, um, looser.

I don't actually have a real one of these, have only ever driven one, once in VERY dubious circumstances but sometimes, just sometimes I'm tempted. The model is nice and was received in an office Chris Kringle found in an op shop for $2.00.

SFFavourite Models (shelf Citroens) appreciation thread-2cvreduced.jpg
    Hotrodelectric likes this.

Thread Information