Citroen Berlingo Series Two Central Locking Woes
  • Register
  • Help

Icon7 Citroen Berlingo Series Two Central Locking Woes

My recently acquired Citroen Berlingo Series 2 came with only one key without a transponder.

To lock the vehicle at the present time I have to lock each individual door one at a time which is a nuisance.

I have heard stories about how expensive it is purchase new keys with a transponder and to have them programmed.

Advertisement

I have considered purchasing an after market simple alarm system to obtain the function of central locking without the need of purchasing and programming new keys. On the other hand if I could get all the doors to lock and unlock in unison when one door is locked I think I could do without a remote control.

Can any member suggest a way that I could get all the doors to lock and unlock at the same time using a key without a transponder?

Thank you.

Are you sure yours has central locking? Mine didn't (2008 hdi), so I fitted an eBay remote and actuator kit. Works a treat now.
    2011 Renault Koleos manual petrol, yes it's boring, but not as boring as:
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Default Berlingo Series 2 Central Locking

Quote Originally Posted by cav91 View Post
    Are you sure yours has central locking? Mine didn't (2008 hdi), so I fitted an eBay remote and actuator kit. Works a treat now.
    No, I am not sure at all. Actually, I just assumed it would. I guess I need to establish what I really have.

There appears to be no distinction in the BSI units, whether or not central locking was fitted, so I am led to presume that remotes can be programmed in.

EMETTEUR - Accessoires et piŤces citroen - These are, I think, the fobs required.

Quote Originally Posted by kiamaian View Post
    No, I am not sure at all. Actually, I just assumed it would. I guess I need to establish what I really have.
    I found out by removing the door cards, and finding no wires going to the locks. The only wires going into the doors where for the speakers.
    2011 Renault Koleos manual petrol, yes it's boring, but not as boring as:
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Thread Information