D Special battery
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UFO

Thread: D Special battery

Fellow Frogger!

Default D Special battery

I know this must have been covered before, but does anyone have a recommendation for a battery for a d special?

Advertisement

UFO

One that is new and fully charged.

The last one I bought for mine was from REPCO and that has to be over four years ago. From time to time it gets plugged into the battery conditioner I have. To date nothing has gone wrong.

(cue flat battery next time I go to use the D...)
    addo likes this.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

1000+ Posts

Not particularly. But, generally speaking, any old car that is a bit crabby to start benefits from fitting an Absorbed Glass Mat battery. They have other merits but a key one here is that they overdischarge for a few seconds initially so that, say, a 500 ah battery has, for those seconds, the "grunt" of a 900 ah battery. They also discharge more slowly when just sitting around unused.

Cheapest brand I know of is 'Full River'.

cheers! Peter

Fellow Frogger

Repco would have something suitable (and you could have had it for 30% off last weekend for NRMA members in NSW. RACV would have been the same I guess.). I have some recollection of it being N70Z or something like that??? You want one that has a flat top and not recessed terminals because there is little room to ensure the +ve terminal remains clear of the top of battery box. If you are in no rush, you might pick up something one during an October long weekend sale. Auto-One often runs a deal like 20% off Supercharge Batteries.

Fellow Frogger!

Repco have a 25 per cent sale on batteries this weekend. So called ultra high performance (CCA620) for $130. Deed done. Car happy.

Thread Information