• Register
  • Help
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By GreenBlood
  • 1 Post By Dave Rogers
  • 1 Post By David S

Thread: DS ID Rubber chart LHM/LHS

Icon6 DS ID Rubber chart LHM/LHS

I cant remember where I found this, but thought it useful - rubber seals tubing etc. sizes, part numbers etc.
    Shame about the quality of scans but if you are rebuilding a rack, pump etc., it's all there. . .

Advertisement

Shared PDF in my dropbox, get it while you can
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q9j43is1u...g0yrrN_4a?dl=0

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

That's Great Chris! Ta Muchly!
    Cheers Gerry

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Worth having a copy. Thanks Chris.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Thanks for the chart.
    I have a few problems in converting my ID19 1961 to LHM.
    Have changed most of the rubberware, but can not find a replacement for the suspension cylinder seals.
    it is fitted with the D434-94 oil seal lip type seals, but I can not find them for LHM on any of the supplier sites.
    I am sure someone has the answer.
    Also can not find the brake master cylinder plunger cup for LHM.

Rex
    2CV6 Special Green, Riley RMB, RX7 Rotary, Jensen Healey, 1896 Ford A replica, and last but not least 1961 Citroen ID19-P... Previous include, 27 Chev Truck, 24 Bean Truck, 27 Chev Capitol, Rover S105, Humber Hawk x 2, MGB, Ford AA Truck, Ford A, elderly motorbikes x6, and more...

Thanks Chris, from one Dropbox to another.
    GreenBlood likes this.
    74/75 DS23 Pallas 5 Speed Carby

83 2CV Charleston

79 GSA
    03 Peugeot 406 Hdi
    01 Renault Scenic

Quote Originally Posted by wilrex View Post
    Thanks for the chart.
    I have a few problems in converting my ID19 1961 to LHM.
    Have changed most of the rubberware, but can not find a replacement for the suspension cylinder seals.
    it is fitted with the D434-94 oil seal lip type seals, but I can not find them for LHM on any of the supplier sites.
    I am sure someone has the answer.
    Also can not find the brake master cylinder plunger cup for LHM.

Rex
    Can you use suspension cylinders from a later car i.e. D Special etc,? It shouldn't be too difficult to find later replacements. I'm not sure what you would do about the brake master cylinder but be sure someone has gone down this path - maybe a specific question here in the Citroen forum will yield results. . .

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Bellissimo! Molte grazie!

Fellow Frogger

Being a fairly early ID, isn't the brake system actually a regular brake system with its own fluid reservoir and a powered emergency stop booster? Wouldn't you consider converting to the later doseur valve system if you are going to the trouble of going to LHM? Using selected parts from a later ID19B/Special already on LHM might be the simplest way forward.

p.s. A very useful upload Chris.
    GreenBlood likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Being a fairly early ID, isn't the brake system actually a regular brake system with its own fluid reservoir and a powered emergency stop booster? Wouldn't you consider converting to the later doseur valve system if you are going to the trouble of going to LHM? Using selected parts from a later ID19B/Special already on LHM might be the simplest way forward.

p.s. A very useful upload Chris.
    I did a similar mod to a 61 ID19 in my youth .. only without the LHM. Converting a 61 to later mushroom brakes isn't difficult but does involve a bit of extra non hydraulic stuff. The floor profile on a first nose car is different. Remember the exhaust pipes are central and the floor is centrally raised. The "gas" pedal is a high mounted pendant running a cable. Second noses are rod organ floor pivot. Brake light switch is different. Even if a donor car was a pedalo ( low square pedal )... what we would refer to as a "62 ... the floor and gas pedal are different from master cylinder cars. There was I recall a difference in the front disc brake piston diameter too. That car was always very front biased in braking, something the rear brakes and height corrector couldn't balance with. But after the heavy pedal pressures of the master cylinder car the braking power was immense, the car however would just try to bury its nose. far easier to retain the working master cylinder system and fit a vacuum booster. back in the day the family ran several IDs. The master cylinder 61 always had probs keeping a high master cyl pedal. We suspected at the time there was some sphere leakage that allowed gas into the "reserve/desperation" outer end of the master cylinder. I can't recall ever getting to the end of that .

Thread Information