Wrong Mirror.
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GreenBlood
  • 1 Post By GreenBlood

Thread: Wrong Mirror.

Default Wrong Mirror.

I have been sent the wrong side mirror in an order from Franzose. I ordered a right side mirror for a post 72 D non pallas but received a left. Does anyone need a left instead of sending it back to Germany?

Cheers

Advertisement
    Gillian and Chris

74 D Special, and now a 74 Pallas 23 5 speed with air(maybe). And now a Cactus!

Oh, and a Holden.

Lasya, Tibetan goddess of the moon and beauty who carries a mirror.

Fellow Frogger

Are they not the same left and right apart from maybe the length of the arm?
    There are certainly long and short for the Pallas stainless mirrors, but I'm not sure about the anodized type.
    Did you receive a long or short arm mirror? There is little difference in it anyway.

The screw on the pivot faces down when the correct mirror is fitted - I'm thinking - as they specify a left and a right separately
    and it could be the only difference.
    Gillian and Chris

Oh, and a Holden.

Hmm, have just looked a little closer at the photo's and they are the same....
    Gillian and Chris

Oh, and a Holden.

Fellow Frogger

Their photos are all noted as being 'non-binding'. You can ask them of course.

The parts book shows some L&R variation, but it could be the length of the arm rather than the direction of the screw. I have a few old arms, long and short, scavenged from dead mirrors and the adjusting screw near the mounting to the door only goes one way.

well, that looks ugly then.
    Gillian and Chris

Oh, and a Holden.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasya View Post
    I have been sent the wrong side mirror in an order from Franzose. I ordered a right side mirror for a post 72 D non pallas but received a left. Does anyone need a left instead of sending it back to Germany?

Cheers
    See how you go with making it work. If it doesn't then I'll put my hand up, then I only need to buy a RHS from Franzose.

Hijacking the thread a bit but Citro-Classique sent me a left hand front carpet for a 'D' instead of RHS (pedals). Again if anyone is interested, maybe restoring a LHD car, then send me a post and I can arrange transfer (money to Citro-Classique).

SF

It works, I've got (if I'm correct) a left on my right. It's just the screw faces up and looks ugly compared to having a smooth knuckle. I'll await reply from Franzose/
    Gillian and Chris

Oh, and a Holden.

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by Lasya View Post
    It works, I've got (if I'm correct) a left on my right. It's just the screw faces up and looks ugly compared to having a smooth knuckle. I'll await reply from Franzose/
    As David has pointed out, the door fixing mount is not sided - one side will have the tightening screw up and the other down.

The longer arm is for the passenger side and will have a slightly convex mirror. . .

Many prefer the passenger side mirror not to be convex and will use a driver side (short arm) mirror, your choice.

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wrong Mirror.-d-mirrors.jpg  
    Lasya likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Same scenario for the side windows. One side has the manufacturers writing on the inside. The other on the outside. They're not sided. They can be used either side.
    Cheers,
    Michael

Citroen Car Club of NSW - Member

1974 Citroen DS23 non Pallas BW Auto/Carby with Air-conditioning [AC640 Delta Blue]
    1972 Citroen DS21 5SPD EFI Pallas [AC088 Blanc Meije]

2012 Citroen C5 Exclusive 3.0L Auto Diesel [Noir Perla Nera]

Well well, there we go. I've got both now, but got them in reverse order!! Here I am thinking right hand drive when ordering, but should have been thinking left.. The new one is for the passenger, so will swap and have the convex on the left!

Still unhappy about the screw being visible though..

Thanks all,
    Gillian and Chris

Oh, and a Holden.

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by Boyracer View Post
    Same scenario for the side windows. One side has the manufacturers writing on the inside. The other on the outside. They're not sided. They can be used either side.
    Not true for the fixing channel though, these are sided, though I note one forum member somehow managed to fit a complete left glass with channel onto the right hand side

Cheers
    Chris
    Boyracer likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Thread Information