Security code for radio in a Series 2 Berlingo.
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gembee
  • 1 Post By kiamaian

Thread: Security code for radio in a Series 2 Berlingo.

Default Security code for radio in a Series 2 Berlingo.

I have just bought a 2007 Series 2 Citroen Berlingo which came with no books or service history.

Advertisement

So far I have done an oil and filter change, replaced the coolant thermostat and coolant, and I will be fitting new disks and pads to the front brakes. To keep my wife happy I need to get the radio operating but it is locked due to needing the security number to be entered. I do not know the number and the seller could not help as he was not the original owner.

Is there any easy way to get over this problem? Maybe the information is contained in the Vin number.

Can anyone help? Thanks

What brand of radio?

I think it is the original radio as fitted by the factory. There is MP3/WMA written on the front fascia and nothing else.

Do you know how to remove the radio?

Fellow Frogger

If you have removed it, look on the case for any handwritten 4 digit numbers that could be the code.
    Otherwise, ask a dealer I'd think.

An '07 Blingo is unlikely to have had a factory MP3 player in it; they were a fairly utilitarian van!

When you power up, does it say something like "CODE" on the display?

Removal varies greatly by dint of installation type (especially if aftermarket), brand and prior interference. Any chance of a picture?

Fellow Frogger!

Hi,
    when I bought my used Berlingo from a dealer, it also came with no logbooks.
    However I found them under the driver seat in a plastic tray. I think there was a little card with the radio code printed on it.

Have you looked under the drivers seat ?. You may need to kneel on the ground to get a proper look.
    That was the norm for series 1 Berlingos anyway.

Glenn
    David S likes this.

Our Xantia didn't have a radio code. I found the dealer who sold it new had the code on a database. Cost - zero, brownie points for dealer - many. Outcome for dealer. Alas, a S**B dealer so gone or morphed into something else.

So perhaps see if you can sort out where it was sold new?

Good luck.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

I've been trawling through M59s on Carsales, the most common radio has an orange backlight to the screen. It appears to have side slots for removal of the head unit. UK cars seem to have Siemens/VDO head units with the twin paired round release holes in the bezel.

That means it may well not be an Eurovox, so you could need the PSA dealer to furnish a code.

Fellow Frogger! Inspector Clouseau's Avatar

I bought a Xantia without a radio code,consulted Dr Google and came up with Go Technologies who were the agents for the radio, I think. Anyway, I provided the serial number, paid $25, and promptly received the code. I think I had to prove I owned the car too. Might work for you, but obviously depends on the brand of radio. Good luck.

Any chance of a picture?

This is the radio in question.Security code for radio in a Series 2 Berlingo.-car-radio.jpg

OK, that is actually quite helpful. You can see the small slots on the sides, they're where your release tools slip in. It looks like Pioneer/JVC release keys would probably do it:

Pioneer CAR CD Radio Removal Release Keys Stereo Extraction Tools Pins Pair NEW | eBay

Have a crack at making some yourself, just be gentle and don't distort the retainer clips in case it really gets wedged.

Default Removal of Citroen Radio

Thanks Addo,

I will let you know the outcome within the next few days.

Worst case, a second hand fascia trim won't be too dear.

Once you know the brand it will be a lot easier to resolve the code situation.

The radio came out very easily after I fabricated an extraction tool.

The radio is a Eurotech Model TAR-2251 and the serial number is AL0704003161

Hi Ian, that seems almost an Alpine radio code, but there's a bit in the middle (two characters) missing!

If "rdecode" is still around the web (a chap from the former Georgian SSR) he might have some ability to help; he doesn't charge unless he knows he can sort the code.

The other possibility is to open it up and look for a longer serial number inside.

Default Radio Code found and entered successfully

I contacted a Citroen Agent who advised me to ring Direct Electronics Melbourne on Telephone 03-83314800 who are agents for Eurovox.

I spoke to the Technical Support Section and once I gave them the serial number of the radio they were able to supply the security code within a couple of minutes at no charge.

I have attached an image showing how the security code is entered into the radio.

Now for the next thing to fix!Security code for radio in a Series 2 Berlingo.-security-code.jpg
    addo likes this.

That's a good result. Last time I paid $22 or so and they sent me a replacement plastic card with the code on it.

Hope you wrote the code on the radio case, where it may be found when next removed.

Default Recording security code

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    That's a good result. Last time I paid $22 or so and they sent me a replacement plastic card with the code on it.

Hope you wrote the code on the radio case, where it may be found when next removed.
    Thanks Addo for the help, particularly in how to remove the radio from the dashboard.

I am going to record the security number on the back of the sun visor. A thief will be unlikely to look there.

Fortunately, in Australian stealing radios has largely gone out of fashion. Thieves want more money than what they would get for a radio!

The first place I looked for my radio code, was the back of the sunvisor! Despite what the sound snobs might say, most of the Eurovox stuff is quite acceptable tonally.

I modified my Berlingo door speaker mounts to fix the speaker directly to the door shell with 50mm long screws - there are oblong pressings in the shell for clip-in screw sockets. It gave much more defined low end (which showed up in turn, the choice of fifteen year old speakers)....

Security code for radio in a Series 2 Berlingo.-speaker_recess_nearside.jpg

Thread Information