Cars and Coffee Brisbane - we need more Citroens...!
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By ds21bvh
  • 3 Post By Bruce H
  • 2 Post By ds21bvh

Thread: Cars and Coffee Brisbane - we need more Citroens...!

Default Cars and Coffee Brisbane - we need more Citroens...!

I went along to Cars and Coffee (Brisbane) last weekend - it was a very interesting morning out. Starts at around 7am and is pretty much done and dusted by 9-9:30 so not a big commitment....

I was the only Citroen there - I'd really like some company next time...LOL.

Advertisement

Lots of interesting machinery there of all types from Mini's to Ferrari's... it was really enjoyable lots of nice people and cars..!

Here is the link...https://www.facebook.com/carsandcoffeebrisbane

Check out the pictures on the timeline to get an idea as to the spread of cars...

Cheers,

Mark...

Didn't even know this existed! Sounds like a great few hours once a month. The trick will be to get the Danube back together for it.... Or hitch a ride with you. Always interested to check out other classics. Will put it into my calendar as a reminder.

Sven

It's a cool event. I'd love to see more Citroens there, especially as I don't have one anymore.
    There was a Renault 5 turbo there as well which was very nice.

Mark - It was nice to meet you and see your car last week! (Andrew with the Alfa)

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

The varieties of cars that turn up to the "un-organised" cars and coffee events is amazing. search your facebook for events happening in your area. Here's our local one (this sunday is the first one as the weather is finally improving)

Ballarat Cars n Coffee - Ballarat Cars n Coffee

https://www.facebook.com/Ballaratcar...f=ts&ref=br_tf

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cars and Coffee Brisbane - we need more Citroens...!-2cv.jpg  
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Tadpole

Hey Mark, I was there, but didn't catch you. It's a decent little gathering, but an early start for a weekend if you have to travel i guess..
    I remain on the hunt for a DS, so i'd be happy to extend the line of Frenchmen once i find one!!

I'm following the group yet get no reminders? How does one join the group then?
    Cheers,
    Adrian
    Quote Originally Posted by ds21bvh View Post
    I went along to Cars and Coffee (Brisbane) last weekend - it was a very interesting morning out. Starts at around 7am and is pretty much done and dusted by 9-9:30 so not a big commitment....

I was the only Citroen there - I'd really like some company next time...LOL.

Lots of interesting machinery there of all types from Mini's to Ferrari's... it was really enjoyable lots of nice people and cars..!

Here is the link...https://www.facebook.com/carsandcoffeebrisbane

Check out the pictures on the timeline to get an idea as to the spread of cars...

Cheers,

Mark...
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

Quote Originally Posted by werdna View Post
    It's a cool event. I'd love to see more Citroens there, especially as I don't have one anymore.
    There was a Renault 5 turbo there as well which was very nice.

Mark - It was nice to meet you and see your car last week! (Andrew with the Alfa)
    Good to meet you too Andrew.... I saw the Renault as well at least there was a smattering of french cars there....

I'm hoping to be at the next one if I can... fingers crossed...

Cheers,

Mark...

Quote Originally Posted by Jinandfonic View Post
    I'm following the group yet get no reminders? How does one join the group then?
    Cheers,
    Adrian
    Not sure Adrian - I just have a reminder in my calendar for the first Saturday of the month....?

Cheers,

Mark...
    Jinandfonic likes this.

Bumping this up.
    It's on tomorrow & I'll be there in my new car (Red '65 Fulvia). Keen to see some frogs there for a change!

Hi Andrew
    Thanks for reminding us.
    Hope to be there in the GS wagon.
    Cheers
    Bruce
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Hi Guys - have a great time. I will miss this one due to being up the coast - my sister is up from Melbourne for the w/e.

Fly the Citroen flag for us... just a tip - plan to be there at 7am to get a park...!

I'm banking on the being at the next one.

Cheers,

Mark...

Hi Mark
    Brilliant weather for the Coast. I read your message too late and got there about 7.20, by which point parking was at a premium.

A few pics - starting with Andrew's (werdna) Lancia and Adrian's (jinandfonic) CX in mixed company. Lots of Porsche, Fiats, and a few BMW's but also a wide mix beyond that. The emphasis does seem to be on performance vehicles, so the GS was a bit out of place (as usual).Cars and Coffee Brisbane - we need more Citroens...!-image.jpgCars and Coffee Brisbane - we need more Citroens...!-image.jpgCars and Coffee Brisbane - we need more Citroens...!-image.jpg
    GreenBlood, Jinandfonic and werdna like this.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Tadpole

I parked just by the GS Wagon Bruce. Another super roll up, for what is a very casual, coffee stop.
    Great to see the cars in numbers, in varying conditions.
    Definitely need to improve the number of Frenchies on show. Big numbers of Porsche, Fiat, and the usual italian and germans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    Hi Mark
    Brilliant weather for the Coast. I read your message too late and got there about 7.20, by which point parking was at a premium.

A few pics - starting with Andrew's (werdna) Lancia and Adrian's (jinandfonic) CX in mixed company. Lots of Porsche, Fiats, and a few BMW's but also a wide mix beyond that. The emphasis does seem to be on performance vehicles, so the GS was a bit out of place (as usual).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	75154Click image for larger version. 

Views:	308 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	75155Click image for larger version. 

Views:	382 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	75156
    Was nice seeing you again Bruce. It filled up quickly again, I got there at 7:15 and had to park in a secondary carpark.
    Adrian's CX looked very nice.
    There is an emphasis on performance cars, but in saying that, the fiat 500 and 600 on show seemed to be getting the most attention! Much more than the superleggera gallardo parked nearby.
    Would love to see a 2cv or a SM next time!

Bumping again.
    It's on tomorrow, hopefully there will be some more frogs this time. I'll be in a maroon Giulia Super - it would be nice to meet some more people off the forum.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by werdna View Post
    Bumping again.
    It's on tomorrow, hopefully there will be some more frogs this time. I'll be in a maroon Giulia Super - it would be nice to meet some more people off the forum.
    Andrew
    Hi Andrew,

Good on you for keeping this event front of mind - it's really enjoyable.

I can't make this one - but perhaps the next.

Cheers,

Mark...

I can't make this one - I'll be heading to the GC in the air-conditioning of the DS3 for the Bonjour french festival this weekend.
    Bruce H

Just a late reminder about tomorrow's cars and coffee...

I'll be there in the 21...

Cheers,

Mark...

Fellow Frogger!

Cheers,

Mark...
    I would be there but Saturday morning is work for us in the shop. Enjoy.

John

Fellow Frogger!

Cheers,

Mark...
    So how was it Mark ? Mainly American 60's 70's or a smattering of all including British and European. The one at Ballarat looks pretty good also. This might be a way of the future as the old school car events which have been very good seem to be having more problems with health and safety. The Marong yearly event seems to be under threat with thoughts of Federation members only which would be a death knell.- - We'll wait and see.

John

It was excellent...!

I think the big attraction is the variety - so many different makes and models.
    There was an immaculate Mazda 1300 wagon there - just one example of something you don't see very often.

Here are the pics - spot the DS.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Cheers,

Mark...

Good range of cars, agree - nice to see Brisbane does have an active classic car scene. Must admit, am a bit of a sucker for the BMW CS... ( next project?) Especially the orange one looks great.
    Will attend in 2019 when the DS is ready to roll again...
    Sven

So who is going for the first one for 2016 which is on tomorrow the 2nd of January.

My son Ken (aka AXGT) has signed my up to take him in the SM. Hope there are some more Cits there as well.

Cheers,

Ken W

I'm at the wrong end of the country - I would have loved to see the reaction that car gets. Hope you have an enjoyable morning, but as it says earlier in this thread - get there early to get a good parking spot.
    Bruce H

OK guys whose up for tomorrows cars and coffee....?

I'm hoping to get there....

Cheers,

Mark...
    frog and snapcracklepug like this.

Thread Information