CX Alternator
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: CX Alternator

Default CX Alternator

Hi Guys,

Advertisement

Have an issue with charging system in my CX hoping someone can help with. Where will I find the Diodes in the car? Alternator is off plus the remote regulator but now he wants to check the diodes and I can't seem to see them anywhere. Car is 1987 CX2 2.5 GTI. Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks, Danny.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Robins View Post
    Hi Guys,

Have an issue with charging system in my CX hoping someone can help with. Where will I find the Diodes in the car? Alternator is off plus the remote regulator but now he wants to check the diodes and I can't seem to see them anywhere. Car is 1987 CX2 2.5 GTI. Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks, Danny.
    Main diodes are inside the alternator. Usually at the back, on "knuckle duster shaped" heat sink.

My suggestion would be chuck the existing alternator entirely. And fit a modern internally regulated 80 amp Bosch unit. Holden VT are a satisfactory donor.

Search "replacement alternator" in the af search box and you will find a few dozen threads.

Hi Robmac,

Thanks for advice. I'll have a chat with the auto electric guy. Regards, Danny

Thread Information