• Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Greg C

Thread: CX headlights

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Default CX headlights

I am only trying to get up to 1000 posts so I get another Eifel Tower...

Eh hem,

My CX has been converted to a single socket with double filament bulbs but, I was given the original twin light units. These need the reflectors re-chromed but I am wondering if anyone uses these and if they would be better than the ones with only one bulb. The internal construction is interesting with, what looks like, a separate reflector for the dipped beam. Anyone had any experience with these?

cheers

Advertisement

Warren

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WRB View Post
    I am only trying to get up to 1000 posts so I get another Eifel Tower...

Eh hem,

My CX has been converted to a single socket with double filament bulbs but, I was given the original twin light units. These need the reflectors re-chromed but I am wondering if anyone uses these and if they would be better than the ones with only one bulb. The internal construction is interesting with, what looks like, a separate reflector for the dipped beam. Anyone had any experience with these?

cheers

Warren
    They are different to the later twin optic headlight. I htink I had some of them in an early car I had here at one point. The plastic inner reflector always seem to have no reflector surface left on it.

I'm sure you could get them vacuum coated with new reflector material, I imagine it would be very expensive. DO NOT TOUCH THE REFLECTOR SURFACE .... not for any reason. It'll wipe off to the gentlest of touches!

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

I have never had one of those in my CXs. In my 504, yes. Whilst they might not be exact in performance I would say they would be pretty close. The standard CX lights are pretty good, probably the best in the fleet at present, the 504 was very good too, more spread than penetration but still more than good enough

That is not the point though. Your CX came fitted with lights like that and so must have them back. I would love to see how they perform, especially all bulbs Plus 100% units and all fed via relays.
    addo and JohnW like this.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Definitely going to relay the lights. Just using standard halogen is causing the switch block to get warm.

I think you would spend lots of $$$ getting the old biode lights up to scratch and they still wouldn't be as good as the dual filament lights. I have always been disappointed with the biode system in both GS and CX vehicles.

Ken W

If you wire them so both high beam filaments are on the same circuit, they perform very well, especially in a GS.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Thread Information