Xantia Activa wide rim and offset question
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Xantia Activa wide rim and offset question

I would like to know if anyone has fitted 7" rims or wider with 205/50/15 or 215/50/15 tyres to an Activa,if so what was the offset, also if known, what brand or vehicle were the rims from.

Cheers Dave.

Advertisement

Hi Dave,

Still enjoying the Activa on the racetrack are you. Mine is on standard rims with boring tyres and still mostly standard. I must admit I just had a read of a printout I found secreted in myHaynes Xantia manual about how to get a bit more out of the turbo by changing the boost control valve. I do need to find a suitable hole in the firewall to get the tube through for the boost gauge I bought a few years ago. Maybe I should do that when I fit the new camshaft cover gasket. Time time time where are thou!!!

Cheers, Ken W

i have a xantia with 17inch rims on it and they are fine, i can measure ofset etc if you need me to

Quote Originally Posted by 78k View Post
    I would like to know if anyone has fitted 7" rims or wider with 205/50/15 or 215/50/15 tyres to an Activa,if so what was the offset, also if known, what brand or vehicle were the rims from.

Cheers Dave.
    You have reminded me 78k of my episode of having 6" rims fitted to my Simca Ronde Rally Car (yes I'm going back decades if not centuries) when my instruction were clear and explicit - locate new rims on centres so that the Track is increased! That is, please ensure that the inside of the rim maintains the same distance with respect to the centres with the standard wheels supplied to be worked on.

It did not happen - 6" rims were centrally located thus not increasing the track one millimetre (1/16th" in those days!). I could not used them because of lack off body clearances with rally tyres proposed to be fitted. Had a bit of an argument until the "boss" was called in. He promptly told his employee to "re-do" and follow instructions of the client.

So, getting back to your question - what do you want to achieve with the 7" rims?

I was quite happy to flare the guards on the Simca (and did so), but not interfere with the body / chassis.

JAJEA

Tadpole

I was very specific with my question, I have stated what I intend to do, please no more questions, please do not measure the 17" wheels,thanks anyway.

Cheers Dave

Thread Information