• 1 Post By JBN

Thread: CX Pictures....

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Default CX Pictures....

:d

Advertisement

CX Pictures....-cx1.jpgCX Pictures....-cx2.jpgCX Pictures....-cx3.jpg

That looks terrific Warren! Much better than my old girl when I first acquired her. Wow what an interior!
    Cheers Gerry

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Only one door card is warped - the rest are perfect. The new upholstery is the wrong colour but, I am not too fussed - I think it is better than the original striped colour you can just see on the door card. He didn't do the foam though and so, you do tend to sink into the seats a bit more than is comfortable. Still getting used to the manual box and the fact that, for real power, you can rev it out past 4K without getting anywhere near the red line. I was only going to 3K and wondering why it lacked power up hills.

Yes! They thrive on revs!
    You may be able to take the warp out once it is off the door. Pack the centre section and add weights around the periphery whilst applying some judicious warmth to the centre section. The backing is pressed board and it is the shrinking of the plastic coating that causes the warping. As it is a thermoplastic it should soften enough to stretch out under force of the weights. Just how much force is something you would need to experiment with!
    Last edited by gerrypro; 5th September 2015 at 04:34 PM.
    Cheers Gerry

Looks very nice. I think the seats look quite OK too. Better to concentrate on rust removal and getting the steering and clutch pedal working as per the book.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

JBN

My memory is a bit dim, but I think the front seats have some rubber straps below(?) and on the backrest, As they stretch, so does the support for the foam. Otherwise, undoing the upholstery and adding some foam may do the trick.

John

That is one classy car.

Tim

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

That's a very nice looking car. The interior is simply amazing. I'd just get it sorted and enjoy! Those reflectors at the bottom of the front guards may have rust holes behind them (I can't think of any other reason for the reflector being put there), so it may pay to pour some oil down into that area

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

I intend to just drive it for the moment and sort what I can when I have time and money. I have been down to Frankston and back twice this weekend (for my daughter, who hasn't quite got the knack of public transport yet...) and I can say, for a car that is named after it's drag co-efficient, the wind noise is bloody loud ...

The rubber seals around the doors, also it does not have the flat rubber hanging from the bottom of the doors, They cut down a fair bit of wind noise. It was a standard fitment on Grande Exportation cars, yours probably is not, just a private import. CX Basis sell some additional rubber seals that fit into the doors and give a secondary seal for the doors. It made bit of difference in the Prestige.

CX-BASIS :: eShop
    JohnW likes this.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

I have seen those seals on some other cars and so, will fit them to mine. To be fair, it was a really windy day today with lots of cross winds. I will also be doing the heat insulation installation that Shane did to his and, this will have a positive affect on road and engine noise. The air-conditioner needs re-commissioning and so it was also getting a tad hot inside - this is more important than the clutch given the imminent onset of sunny weather.

I deliberately removed those seals from the lower door edges. They are attached with small self tapping screws that introduce another potential rust point. In fact they are probably the major reason for most cases of CX door rust here in Australia. I know that I had a lot of work to do to clean up after their removal!
    Cheers Gerry

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

I thought the profile was a bit sus - the bottom edge of the door in a groove in the rubber would be a trap for water. I don't think that they would make much of a difference to wind noise. The extra rubber around the door would do a really good job though.

JBN

The best thing I did to my CX was to replace all the door rubbers with replacement new ones. Easily done in the mid 80's when they were available.

I removed the rubber flaps below the doors. Removed the aluminium scuff plates on the door sills (and rust underneath)and then injected fish oil into the floor sills. I coated the underneath of the scuff plates with under body seal before replacing them onto the sills.

Rust never sleeps.

John
    JohnW likes this.

Thread Information