2002 c5 H/Pressure power steering pipe
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 2002 c5 H/Pressure power steering pipe

As above has developed a leak & needs repair, mechanic has priced a new one from Citroen @ $1800 but suggested Enzed or similiar may be able to replace the flexible hose ( thats the only bit that's dodgy) has anyone had experience with similiar repairs?
    Also, there is a coolant hose ( the small one, not the radiator hose) that comes from the bottom of the radiator which is perishing due to the leak from the HP hose. Help re this too please. thanks Dave

Advertisement
    Just a duckin' & a weavin'

1000+ Posts

Hi,
    It is not the pressure switch that is leaking is it. They develop a leak where the top is crimped on. It can be replaced with another screw in switch even though Citroen says it only comes as an assembly.
    I might have a spare hose in my parts if I knew exactly what it is ?
    Jaahn

Fellow Frogger!

A hose doctor will be able to fix the pipe for sure, getting the bugger off would be the problem. The coolant pipe goes to the transmission cooler, easy job to replace. Cut and join with a sleeve and pipe of suitable shape from cheap as chips if you like.
    My C5 has had the same pipe leak since '05.

Cheers Tony

If it is a hose leaking or a fitting, head around to Marrissons hydraulics at the end of Quarry rd and they will be able to make a new one.

Sometimes these flex sections fail from excessive torsion, as an engine mount gets soggy and the motor rocks back/forth.

My Xantia's repaired flex failed the second time in my paddock, I was 55km from town, out of my mobile reception area and had no spare LHM...

Fellow Frogger

Try a repair, but I'd think actually removing the pipe to repair it is going to be a major hassle, depending on the model. If it's at the pump end, it might be possible to free it at that end and repair that curved section of hose in situ. If it's down near the pinion, it would be a different story. Access is the problem.

On the V6, the steering pressure sensor sits right in front of the engine. I don't know if is the same sensor for all models of early C5. It's not listed separately in the parts list, but you can find it on the Xsara 2 parts lists. The plastic ring colour tells you the pressure rating, so you need to fit the same.

Thread Information