• Register
  • Help
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By GreenBlood
  • 3 Post By GreenBlood
  • 2 Post By Hotrodelectric

Thread: DS23 Pallas Fan Belts

Default DS23 Pallas Fan Belts

Having trouble sourcing belts (10A) for hydraulic pump and fan/alternator. Any recommendations locally? We live on the NSW south coast and need ASAP. Perhaps someone knows size/number so we can also look overseas as a last result.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by GretaDeesse View Post
    Having trouble sourcing belts (10A) for hydraulic pump and fan/alternator. Any recommendations locally? We live on the NSW south coast and need ASAP. Perhaps someone knows size/number so we can also look overseas as a last result.
    10A appears to be a tricky size, I'm using 11A without problems.

11A0965 on the alternator side and 11A0800 on the pump side.

EDIT: Getting a matched pair is more an issue, when sourcing be fussy about the belts you select. 11A is a common size you will find at the usual automotive outlets.

Cheers
    Chris
    UFO likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    10A appears to be a tricky size, I'm using 11A without problems.

11A0965 on the alternator side and 11A0800 on the pump side.

EDIT: Getting a matched pair is more an issue, when sourcing be fussy about the belts you select. 11A is a common size you will find at the usual automotive outlets.

Cheers
    Chris
    Agreed !! It is most important that you buy a MATCHED PAIR .. specify it at time of purchase. There can be considerable difference between supposedly identical ( ie same number ) belts. Even with a matched pair if you fit with the reference panels side by side, they won't stay side by side for long.

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by fritzelhund View Post
    Agreed !! It is most important that you buy a MATCHED PAIR .. specify it at time of purchase. There can be considerable difference between supposedly identical ( ie same number ) belts. Even with a matched pair if you fit with the reference panels side by side, they won't stay side by side for long.
    hahaha, so true, I'd guess maybe 100 revolutions, but it was nice to see them lined up at least once.

For those a little upset at the hose clamp on the pump - it was temporary and has been replaced with Mirex and a rubber sleeve

Cheers
    Chris
    addo, Boyracer and JohnW like this.
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    For those a little upset at the hose clamp on the pump - it was temporary and has been replaced with Mirex and a rubber sleeve Cheers
    Chris
    Thats good Chris - I was getting concerned.... and while your at it fit the correct spacer on the water pump end of the adjusting rod to square it up against the pump.

I sincerely hope you have the correct square washer, washer, serrated washer and 11mm nut in place as well at the pump end.

LOL (with tounge firmly in cheek)....

Cheers,

Mark...

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

For those a little upset at the hose clamp on the pump - it was temporary and has been replaced with Mirex and a rubber sleeve
    Whew! Chris, you had me worried there for a sec. I thought you were, umm, slipping.
    GreenBlood and JohnW like this.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by ds21bvh View Post
    Thats good Chris - I was getting concerned.... and while your at it fit the correct spacer on the water pump end of the adjusting rod to square it up against the pump.

I sincerely hope you have the correct square washer, washer, serrated washer and 11mm nut in place as well at the pump end.

LOL (with tounge firmly in cheek)....

Cheers,

Mark...
    Might have to raid your parts bin. . .
    I've got the square spacer for the alternator side but had to improvise for the pump side

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

mnm

Who are these bitches Chris? lol!

Matthew

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    Who are these bitches Chris? lol!

Matthew
    I knowwww, cheeky blighters

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Thread Information