XM top engine mount
  • Register
  • Help
    WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Default XM top engine mount

The top engine mount rubber on my car is torn - the one that attaches to the firewall via a tork bar..

The rubber is cast into the mount that is attached to the engine and also bolts to the bottom mount rubber, The part is no longer available.

Does anyone know if an insert is available as a replacement for the torn rubber or, if somebody local recasts these. There is a mob in Lithuania that do them but.....

Advertisement

thanks

Waren

Fellow Frogger

It's an insert and can be replaced. It's not a bonded installation, but I think it lacks the steel shall that the PRV cars use. I have a memory that it's common to the Xantia, but you'd probably turn the correct part up via an eBay vendor like Neat Car Parts. I'd expect you can still find the insert as a genuine part, but I don't know the part number offhand.

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

It is not available as an insert as it is boded to the whole mount. The Xantia part is also no longer available. I think Robert at Heka bonds his own mounts so, I will pop down and see him (never answers his phone...)

Thread Information