BX central locking
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By michaelr

Thread: BX central locking

Default BX central locking

so when i bought my 16v Bx, the previous owner had lost the key for the remote locking. does anyone have any clue or advice as to how i should go about getting a remote key fitted. i'mm fairly sure the central unit for the system is mounted in the middle of the ceiling of the car; from there can i get a key coded? i'mm not too sure about this

Advertisement

It's in two sections. Your roof module is the infra-red transponder. Under the dash is your locking control box. It responds to a change in state between two signal wires coming from the roof module, or to a signal from a front door lock opening/closing.

Replacing the infra red unit with a radio frequency remote kit is not that difficult, you might even be able to squeeze the new unit's circuit board under the roof unit cover.

JBN

I found the SuperCheap Auto remote central locking kit, priced at about $55 did the tick. Threw away most of it (the electric motors for the doors) and just kept the module. Find out which wires in the original system do what and then splice in the appropriate ones from the SCA module. It lives happily in the roof space. Discard the original box. The SCA come with two remotes.

I did this on a Xantia and if you are interested, I can post photos of the original Xantia wires and those of the SCA unit that need to be connected. Basically, one of the wires provides the power and two other wires indicate function (ie unlock or lock).

John

I found an invaluable guide to this problem on the UK BX Club web site. Ignore the roof unit parts, they were line of sight infra red anyway. A cheap remote from ebay is wireless and fantastic range. It splices into the existing system easily.

The central lock module is in the centre console and easily accessed, just follow the instructions here:

BXClub.co.uk ? View topic - HOW TO GUIDE: Aftermarket Remote Central Locking

There are dozens of kits available for around $20, this is the one I used :

CAR Remote Central Door Lock KIT Locking Keyless Entry System Remote Control | eBay

or this might be OK:

CAR Remote Control Central Lock Locking KIT Keyless Entry System NEW OK | eBay
    Jinandfonic and frog like this.
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

Thread Information