C5 X7 Radio Issue
  • Register
  • Help

Default C5 X7 Radio Issue

Hi,

I have had a sudden and unexpected noise come from the near side rear door speaker. A loud static sound that last a couple of minutes and then stops. The radio was not on at the time - powered off.

I have no no idea what it is but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

2009 C5 X7

Advertisement

thanks

1000+ Posts

It's new to me. But there are other audio things that use the speakers beside the radio.

Laurie,

That sounds like it would greatly disturb the usually serene environment in the limo.

Does your car just have the a normal radio or the Hi Fi audio option with external amplifier?

I think the rear parking sensors are an example of another system that uses the normal radio audio amps.

Does it still happen if you set the fader to put the rear speaker to zero volume?

Cheers,

Ken W

Seasink, I hadn't thought of that. The times it has come on include just driving down the road so none of the sensors would have been activated for proximity to anything. Also it has happened to the wife while she was alone in the car and she does not connect to the bluetooth system so perhaps not that.

Ken, it has the HiFi Option. I have always thought the sub-woofer was faulty and have had it tested twice but each time they say - no working fine. No, I have not tried the fader - hadn't thought of that one. The issue has happened 3 or 4 times and I can not make it happen so I will just wait for the next time and I will try the fader, though if it happens when the radio is off not sure if the fader will have any impact upon it at all.

I can not think of anything that is common when it has occurred. Just driving down the street. Radio on & off. Bluetooth being used and not being used. In town - out of town.

Does anyone know if Citroen have put any control elements inside that door (they have them shoved everywhere else)?

It is a real problem not being close to a good Citroen service centre.

Thanks

Laurie,

Looking at the User Manual, it sounds like there is a Class D amp somewhere that feeds each door speaker set and the sub woofer. It sounds like one of the amps is going a 'motorboating' which is what we used to call low frequency instability in the analog days. If it were me I'd be trying to work towards finding another from a wreck somewhere in Aus (BM spares in Melbourne) and do a swap. First you need to try to find out where it is so you can get some actual data off it to make sure you are getting the right replacement - maybe in the dash somewhere? You also need to find out whether it will need a Lexia session to welcome the new amp into the system.

Maybe others have more experience. There was a thread recently about these systems turning off and on randomly so the software setup for these seems to leave something to be desired.

While you are thinking about what to do, you could disconnect the rear door speakers so peace and calm and confidence is returned when on outings in the car. That will probably need you to take the door cards off though.

Cheers,

Ken W

Ken,

Thanks. I know I am due for a software update in the car. The last time I had a service they couldn't download from the server to do an update. I actually though Bull.... but anyway I am not expecting this to fix it.

Yes. Next time I am in Sydney or Brisbane I will look for a wreck. I have determined that this is a long time car as I can not get a replacement in the correct colour for me.

thanks

Thread Information