• Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Caltron
  • 1 Post By addo
  • 1 Post By Ken W

Thread: Identify C4 Model?

Tadpole

Default Identify C4 Model?

So I bought a c4 a few months ago, under the impression it was a 1.6L engine as the dealer told me. I then looked at my rego papers and it said it was a 2.0L engine.

I am now worried as I have it insured as a 1.6L and obviously that isn't good if it's a 2!

I have looked everywhere on the car but can't find anything stating what sized engine it is. I looked in the manual and the engine looks like the diagram for the 2.0L but there were some slight differences so I cannot be sure.

The VIN number when decoded comes up with an error so I am at a loss as how to identify what model the car is.

Advertisement

If anyone could help me out that would be great, here is a picture of the engine:- Album on Imgur

Can take other pictures if necessary.

Thank you very much

don

I note that the scuttle has dropped also you may want to fix that looks like the 2 ltr diesel to me

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by don View Post
    I note that the scuttle has dropped also you may want to fix that looks like the 2 ltr diesel to me
    I've been putting petrol in it for the last few months so certainly hope it ain't a diesel
    UFO likes this.

That manifold certainly looks like a petrol engine. Certainly doesn't look like the NFU 1.6 litre engine to me.

There will be an engine code in your VIN number. If you post or PM me all of your VIN, then service citroen should decode it and I will be able to download the whole build sheet for the car.

To PM go to the Nav Panel and under Community hit Send New Message. If you put Ken W into the recipeint field it will get to me. Include your email in the PM so I can send you the build file.

Cheers,

Ken W

Quote Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
    That manifold certainly looks like a petrol engine. Certainly doesn't look like the NFU 1.6 litre engine to me.

There will be an engine code in your VIN number. If you post or PM me all of your VIN, then service citroen should decode it and I will be able to download the whole build sheet for the car.

To PM go to the Nav Panel and under Community hit Send New Message. If you put Ken W into the recipeint field it will get to me. Include your email in the PM so I can send you the build file.

Cheers,

Ken W
    Or simply click on your avatar name and select send private mail. Much easier.

1000+ Posts

Your site doesn't display at all on my current machine, and I'm not going to start another..... (it says to decode XHTML 1.0 Strict but it looks like it isn't)

However, post the 6th to 8th letters of the VIN (eg RFN), and we'll know without doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Your site doesn't display at all on my current machine, and I'm not going to start another..... (it says to decode XHTML 1.0 Strict but it looks like it isn't)

However, post the 6th to 8th letters of the VIN (eg RFN), and we'll know without doubt.
    I have no issues "his" site, which is ,in fact imgur.com. a widely used social network image sharing website.

1000+ Posts

Rob I know it's widely used. But I need to start another machine with a less conscientious browser that makes better guesses at funny code. You'd be surprised how few major sites are error-free. They are usually Linux and coder's sites, where someone's reputation is at stake.

Back to the C4. From comments above I'm wondering if it is a 1.6 Prince (EP6 series) engine - the VIN will disclose it. How old is the car?

Also, if you want to be really sure, just take it straight back to the dealership from where you bought it from, they'll soon tell you and if it's a 1.6L and the registration papers are saying it's 2.0L, then there was an error made from the registration clerk on when they registered your car, so if that's the case, then the dealership will need to fix that up, not you, because they are the ones that made the error.

Trust me, I know, I do stock control and registrations for a Mazda dealership and if we've made an error with entering in the VIN, engine numbers, number of cylinders and so on, then it's us that has to fix the error up, which results in a lot of paper work!!
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

1000+ Posts

Could be a rego error. The maker puts the C4 VIN in a panel under the windscreen. There will be no errors there.

Rob I know it's widely used. But I need to start another machine with a less conscientious browser that makes better guesses at funny code. You'd be surprised how few major sites are error-free
    Then the whole way run you run browsers would seem to quite illogical for general web use.
    When surely the sensible intent is to display all webpages in a readable manner.

It seems to me to be a Pyrrhic victory to be aware of every defect in coding and not be able to display the webpage.

And yes, there lot of imperfect coding but it's something most browsers can cope with.

1000+ Posts

Rob, I thought I had hinted that I am on an unusual machine at the moment. It is a coder's machine, scripted to hell, and designed to report errors, not ignore them. My browser has a number of user scripts running, and three separate windows. It will not show Imgur because it baulks. I like to read web sites as much as you do, and have forgiving browsers on another box - Opera, then 2 Firefox, 3 Konqueror, and last Chromium. Lynx, Pale Moon and Seamonkey are there too, and some others. I look forward to the day when Vivaldi comes out of beta, because so far it's very promising. I would like to default to it one day.

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Rob, I thought I had hinted that I am on an unusual machine at the moment. It is a coder's machine, scripted to hell, and designed to report errors, not ignore them. My browser has a number of user scripts running, and three separate windows. It will not show Imgur because it baulks. I like to read web sites as much as you do, and have forgiving browsers on another box - Opera, then 2 Firefox, 3 Konqueror, and last Chromium. Lynx, Pale Moon and Seamonkey are there too, and some others. I look forward to the day when Vivaldi comes out of beta, because so far it's very promising. I would like to default to it one day.
    I'll let you persevere with you "stage shows", animals and elements browsers.

I'm happy to run chrome, firefox and when all else fail internet destroyer. And rest assured I can view any website where the webserver is online.

Variety is sometimes nice but change for the sake change achieves little.

VM ware let's me do my experimenting with linux mint (and XP and ME and DOS 6.22) without even rebooting.

2 litre 16 valve petrol, EW10 family.
    GreenBlood likes this.

1000+ Posts

Thanks Addo.

Rob, enough. pond. (And there are sites where you won't ever get on board, by design. Others are booby trapped).

Now here is the pot calling the kettle black: admonish me but never miss the chance to have the last word.

BY the way I keep away from the websites you talk of. The are zero interest to me. Whatever floats your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Caltron View Post
    So I bought a c4 a few months ago, under the impression it was a 1.6L engine as the dealer told me. I then looked at my rego papers and it said it was a 2.0L engine.

I am now worried as I have it insured as a 1.6L and obviously that isn't good if it's a 2!

I have looked everywhere on the car but can't find anything stating what sized engine it is. I looked in the manual and the engine looks like the diagram for the 2.0L but there were some slight differences so I cannot be sure.

The VIN number when decoded comes up with an error so I am at a loss as how to identify what model the car is.

If anyone could help me out that would be great, here is a picture of the engine:- Album on Imgur

Can take other pictures if necessary.

Thank you very much
    So what's the update then??
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

Caltron sent me his VIN and it is a C4 5 door with VTR pack and a 2 litre EW10A engine with manual gearbox BE4V.

Cheers, Ken W
    addo likes this.

Thread Information