Tour to visit Citroen Conservatoire
  • Register
  • Help

Default Tour to visit Citroen Conservatoire

Citroen enthusiasts... October 7-18 2015 I'll be running an automotive tour in France, for Australians - The French & Fantastic Automotive Tour. Highlights will include visits to the huge Citroen and Renault collections - not normally open to the public; the vast Automedon classic car show, with traders, club displays and much more; museums including the Cite de l'Automobile (Schlumpf collection), the Royal car museum in Monaco, the Henri Malartre Museum and others.
    For Citroen enthusiasts the Citroen Conservatoire houses a fabulous array of production cars, prototypes, concept cars and other material, much of it rarely seen. We'll also visit the newly enlarged Citromuseum in Provence, home of the oldest DS in existence (and many more). Plus the famous Citroen showroom on the Champs Elysees and the new DS showroom in Paris...
    I've conducted tours in Europe since 2005 and this is a special one-off French tour. We will be driving around, staying in hand-picked, lovely hotels, going to great restaurants and seeing amazing sights on this adventure.
    Another highlight is the second tour host being famous automotive author Jon Pressnell, who lives in France. A comprehensive Roadbook will be supplied.
    The cost of this once in a lifetime experience is $7,955 per person, double or twin share. Please enquire about single supplement. The cost excludes airfares, due to peopleís differing requirements. Entries close soon, so please contact me, Paul Blank on 0407 097 911 or [email protected] for full details of this exciting adventure. I'm a big French car enthusiast, motoring writer, automotive historian and want to share the joy of it all! Come and join is - entries close soon.

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tour to visit Citroen Conservatoire-f-f-tour-2015-graphic-1.jpg   Tour to visit Citroen Conservatoire-citroen-conservatoire-ds-2dr-rallye.jpg   Tour to visit Citroen Conservatoire-citroen-conservatoire-cx-proto.jpg   Tour to visit Citroen Conservatoire-automedon-2009-traction-faux-cabrio.jpg   Tour to visit Citroen Conservatoire-citroen-conservatoire-1939-2cv-big.jpg   Tour to visit Citroen Conservatoire-automedon-2009-signs-vendor.jpg  

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

That sounds like a fabulous way to spend some time in France, but I'm not Australian.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

My father visited it recently. when he went to put his name in the visitors book ..... he saw Peter Robinsons name was just above his. Can you believe that guy is still around. I used to read his articles in old Wheels magazines. He sure did like the DS's and GS's!

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    My father visited it recently. when he went to put his name in the visitors book ..... he saw Peter Robinsons name was just above his. Can you believe that guy is still around. I used to read his articles in old Wheels magazines. He sure did like the DS's and GS's!

seeya,
    Shane L.
    He's actually just written a great article on it in this month's Wheels magazine. He said the last time a Citroen has been on the cover of Wheels was in July 1971, 3 months into his editorship, when he put a GS on the cover. Sales bombed, and there's never been one on the cover since.

I'm planning on going when I'm over there at Christmas...!
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

VIP Sponsor

I used to read his articles in Australian Motorsport and Automobiles when I was in school in the mid to late sixties, in the school library.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post

seeya,
    Shane L.

Stalled, check opening dates well before you plan. In April I found both Citroen venues mentioned here were closed, the Conservatoire due to their school holidays.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    Stalled, check opening dates well before you plan. In April I found both Citroen venues mentioned here were closed, the Conservatoire due to their school holidays.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Thanks!

Was going to flick them an email and see what the go is! : )
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Thread Information