Slack modern Citroen owners or just disinterested in working on them ??
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By jaahn
  • 1 Post By seasink
  • 2 Post By shanadoo
  • 1 Post By robmac
  • 1 Post By jaahn
  • 1 Post By Hotrodelectric
  • 3 Post By Greg C
  • 1 Post By tractionfan

Thread: Slack modern Citroen owners or just disinterested in working on them ??

1000+ Posts

Default Slack modern Citroen owners or just disinterested in working on them ??

Hi
    I have advertised some parts for an early C5 on here previously and again recently !! Also now on Gumtree. There has been absolutely nil interest, except when a person has a problem. Then I have pointed out the good parts available but some other solution was used.

Recently I sold a pair of front electric window motors to a man for an electric robot device as they were a very low price, but really a loss to the C5 community. I do not really care but will soon take them to the scrap. Want to clean up the place as do others in the family .

Had an enquiry about the NEW comfort spheres for the rear and spent 30 minutes talking about the concept but never heard from the person again. Must be too difficult to change a pair of rear spheres on a C5

If anyone wants some stuff as listed in the Parts for Sale, then come and get them soon or off they go to be returned as Great Walls
    John

Advertisement
    shanadoo likes this.

John,
    I'll take the rear Comfort spheres if you are able to post - I'll send a PM to discuss. . .

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

Do you have door locks?

1000+ Posts

Don't blame me - mine's an X7.
    UFO likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

I hear where you're coming from jaan, maybe you should've advertised free parts, with free fitting on the weekend.

I think Citroen steel would be too heavy for use in a Great Wall.

Cheers Tony
    jaahn and GreenBlood like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Hi
    I have advertised some parts for an early C5 on here previously and again recently !! Also now on Gumtree. There has been absolutely nil interest, except when a person has a problem. Then I have pointed out the good parts available but some other solution was used.

Recently I sold a pair of front electric window motors to a man for an electric robot device as they were a very low price, but really a loss to the C5 community. I do not really care but will soon take them to the scrap. Want to clean up the place as do others in the family .

Had an enquiry about the NEW comfort spheres for the rear and spent 30 minutes talking about the concept but never heard from the person again. Must be too difficult to change a pair of rear spheres on a C5

If anyone wants some stuff as listed in the Parts for Sale, then come and get them soon or off they go to be returned as Great Walls
    John
    It not unique to Citroen or new/old. I went through the same thing about 12 months ago with a heap of 404 parts. 4XEngines, 5x 4sp gearboxes, 2 x Diffs complete and whole lot more of front end stuff disks and drum etc.

Free to good home - come and collect.

Not a single pm .

So the whe lot was sadly sold as scrap as I didn't have room to store and storage premises were about to be demolished.

Sad really.
    Last edited by robmac; 1st August 2015 at 02:34 PM.
    jaahn likes this.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shanadoo View Post
    I hear where you're coming from jaan, maybe you should've advertised free parts, with free fitting on the weekend.
    Cheers Tony
    Hi Tony
    Actually I might offer free fitting anyway, the proviso being, I get the choice of exactly where I fit them

Sherman, short answer NO. I had to replace 3 of mine !! Try England ebay.
    Just for the sake of completeness I believe the problem with those locks is the microswitch fitted to them. The rest of it is good. I would have played with the idea a bit to prove that but the will was not there. A pointer to others perhaps if anyone is interested

Greenblood. Will get back to you on those spheres on PM, but yes.
    Jaahn
    addo likes this.

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

From what I'm given to understand, a Foster's beer can is too heavy for use in a Great Wall.
    ScotFrog likes this.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Fellow Frogger!

Hi jaahn , As feedback, I was seriously thinking that I would like to get all the parts you had but I'm too far away to come & get them & freighting them wouldn't really be an option. So yes, there was some interest but no point in bothering just to talk about the fact that it's impractical. cheers Dave
    Just a duckin' & a weavin'

Fellow Frogger!

I have put new Comfort spheres on my C5 recently. Biggest problem was unscrewing old ones. Had to make a steel strap tool with a bolt to grip the perimeter of the sphere, will be useful in the future now I have made it. Has made a difference & do not be deterred, make the tool if needs be the rest is easy.

Regards

agd123

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Recently I sold a pair of front electric window motors to a man for an electric robot device as they were a very low price, but really a loss to the C5 community........
    John
    Maybe not such a loss John......did you ever think what selling those motors to make robots could create?? Let's hope it doesn't get used in some autonomous weapon!

Slack modern Citroen owners or just disinterested in working on them ??-dancing-car-ci-005.jpg

Maybe they are too reliable at present
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

I had no idea that my owning a modern C5 put me in the slack category. Oh well
    jaahn likes this.

Happy to have a bit of a chat (electronic or vocal) about a few C5 parts (mine is a 2005) and I'm in Sydney.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garyk View Post
    Happy to have a bit of a chat (electronic or vocal) about a few C5 parts (mine is a 2005) and I'm in Sydney.
    Hi garyk,
    chat away ! Happy to do it by email. The address is in my profile. Easier than PMs. Or ring the mobile number in the add.
    Jaahn

Icon10 Micro Switch??

[QUOTE=jaahn;1369408]Hi Tony

Sherman, short answer NO. I had to replace 3 of mine !! .........
    Just for the sake of completeness I believe the problem with those locks is the microswitch fitted to them. The rest of it is good. .....................

Interesting point Tony/Jaahn/ Sherman. I've removed all door locks in the Xantia , one by one, and one in the C5. I have also kept the old locks and dismantled them to try to determine which parts actually fail in them.
    I've never seen a micro-switch in any of them.

I concluded after bench testing that the little electric motors are the part that fails. You can't get them separately, so you just replace the entire lock unit.

Cheers.. George 1/8th.
    2004 V6 C5.

Fellow Frogger!

"Actually I might offer free fitting anyway, the proviso being, I get the choice of exactly where I fit them".

Love it.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post

From what I'm given to understand, a Foster's beer can is too heavy for use in a Great Wall.

Only for the chassis, they use Foster's because its stronger. Cheers tony.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garyk View Post
    Hi Garyk,
    I must be going deaf, i cannot hear the chat
    Jaahn

Thread Information