Xantia heater issue
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default Xantia heater issue

Assuming the parts can be obtained, how hard is it replace the plastic elbows that carry the coolant through the firewall to the heater?

Advertisement

Is there any difference between S1 & S2?

Cheers

Alec

I've just landed in Xantia world but noticed a mob called eai.net. Worth a go? They're in Melbourne.

Alec, do you mean the ones which are clamped to the rubber hoses, or those directly above which pass through the firewall?

1000+ Posts

The ones that pass through the firewall. Looks like the Turbo CT has special ones made from unobtanium.

forumnoreason - I'm looking for info on labour involved. I can get a used part of new is unavailable - but citroencarparts.net claim to have the complete unit (for 115 pounds )

Cheers

Alec

Good Luck getting those. I think they have been listed as NFP for some years. I managed to get these replaced on my two a few years ago but they were difficult to get even then. I think the best option these days is to join the pipes together at the firewall with a right angle joiner so there is still a bleed point. Doesn't help the car get warm inside though.

The tapered joint is very difficult to separate as the O rings flatten out inside. I remember passing a rope up between the pipes behind the plastic that joins them, tying it into a long loop, putting one foot on the bumper bar and giving it a long steady pull of gently increasing force until it released. It is even harder to get the new O rings to roll in evenly when you put a new hose connector in.

Cheers,

Ken

1000+ Posts

Hi Ken

According to service.citroen.com the part number for the heater hoses (which seems to include the plastic elbows ) is 6464LC. I am assuming that S1 and S2 Turbo CTs would use same part?

citroencarparts.net lists that part for 115 pounds - hope this is correct, as without it, it really becomes a summer-only car.

6464LC-HTR-WATER-HOS-Pack-Qty-1 ę Citroen car parts

Cheers

Alec

Hi Alec,

That is what my Activa takes. I hope for your sake that Citroen car parts still have some in stock. It's not so hard to survive in Brissie without a heater as most BX drivers are discovering when they break the plastic heater tube that comes through the firewall.

Cheers,

Ken

Thread Information