Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Default Kia or DS ?

Buy This Not That: Citroen DS V Kia Soul EV | Classic Cars For Sale UK

Advertisement
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Certainly would not buy a Kia Carnival. There is one for Sale in Colac for $300 with the notation "for parts only". On the surface it looks reasonable, just a few body dings! When talking to the seller it seems that one con rod is hanging through the side of the block. They had tried to purchase a replacement second hand motor and just could not! It seems that this is how they all end up passing into that great wrecking yard in the sky!
    Makes one wonder if the rest of the Kia range is trust worthy!-----------Give me the D any day!
    Cheers Gerry

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Yah, I had a look at that. You have two completely different cars that serve two completely different markets. The Soul is rather popular over here. I don't think we've gotten the electric version yet. I expect we will before long, seeing as we are Kia's largest market. I just don't get how the article could compare the two on equal footing.

To answer the question: DS. Every day, and twice on Sunday.
    robmac likes this.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

That's been the age old question for decades. A new car or a classic. Some like new car creature comforts and warranties, others (like us)will take a classic any day.

I remember over a few wines a mate and I were discussing if we won lotto what car would we buy. Neither of us could think of a new car but we could name 50 classics off the top of our heads.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

The Kia has a 7 year warranty for what it's worth.

20 od years ago a local garage here had a new Kia still under warranty that had spun a big end bearing. The garage removed the engine, striped it and Kia came out, looked at it and gave them 2 new bearings under warranty. Everything else the owner had to pay for.

I don't know if laws have changed but it makes you question warranties.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    That's been the age old question for decades. A new car or a classic. Some like new car creature comforts and warranties, others (like us)will take a classic any day.

I remember over a few wines a mate and I were discussing if we won lotto what car would we buy. Neither of us could think of a new car but we could name 50 classics off the top of our heads.
    My dad, thinking he's going to be really cute, tries to play "Gotcha!!" when he asks me the same question. I simply tell him there's nothing out there made today that I like enough to consciously spend 25-35K on that fits my desires. Even though it gives me fits, I feel better off in my Mercedes 300TE wagon. It has a presence very few new modern cars have, it's well equipped, comfortable, and the AC works a treat. The hydraulic/steel rear suspension helps. And oh, yah, it's paid for.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post

If I won Lotto, firstly I would get the top of my head re-vegetated. I seemed to have lost that in some previous top-of-my-head answer.

John
    JohnW likes this.

Thread Information