Xantia fuse issues
  • Register
  • Help

Default Xantia fuse issues

I've acquired a Xantia and it has a fuse shorting for the injector, number 7 in engine bay box on right side. previous owner had ignition "repaired" and they said the air blower was now also playing up, where to start I'm wondering?

It's a series 1 97 turbo. I need a new seat too by the looks of it! plus this and that....

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Not sure about injector fuse, but it is a well known Xantia problem for the heater cabin fan to play up. Unless fixed with "ignition repaired" the wire to the blower runs directly from the ignition key switch. When the starter motor is engaged a boost current runs to the blower as well, eventually burning out the ignition switch. Running a relay on the blower wire or getting power for blower from another auxillary source seems to be the answer.

ah that's interesting, I read on French Car forum about someone having exactly these issues and all they did was jiggle the harnesses which sorted something out.... I think it takes a 10amp.

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    I've acquired a Xantia and it has a fuse shorting for the injector, number 7 in engine bay box on right side. previous owner had ignition "repaired" and they said the air blower was now also playing up, where to start I'm wondering?

It's a series 1 97 turbo. I need a new seat too by the looks of it! plus this and that....
    That sounds almost like a direct short to ground. I would be carefully checking the harness in the engine compartment for some rubbing or abrading damage. Check the connectors at the injectors and make sure they aren't shorting the terminals together. Extreme would be if the injectors themselves are shorting out. It's also possible the injectors are drawing too much current. And ensure all system grounds are absolutely cinched up. EFI draws rather a lot of power and depends on all connections being clean and tight.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Thread Information