XM heater blower
  • Register
  • Help
    WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Default XM heater blower

Some time ago, I mentioned that this was running on high all of the time. I just replaced the controller and, now it is running low all of the time!!

Advertisement

Anyone? I am willing to pay.......

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WRB View Post
    Some time ago, I mentioned that this was running on high all of the time. I just replaced the controller and, now it is running low all of the time!!

Anyone? I am willing to pay.......
    Good luck trying to find anyone in Australia that will pull an XM dashboard apart ...................... for pretty much any money Have you tried the XM lists to see if this is a common issue?
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

No, but, I had the same problem with a Zantia fan that was on full all of the time and the new controller fixed it.

Hi Warren,
    there are many different variations of these controller circuits. You have to have the exact one for the fan you have. I found a simple way to fix it was to get one from the wrecker. That fixed the motor problem. The wiring was exactly the same as the old one. But the controller circuit had a different part number. I wouldn't be surprised if the XM and the Xantias used the same fan unit, with the same wiring, or if a swap over would work.
    Good luck Warren. Cheers.

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Hi George,

I have done a Xantia fan and they are different from the XM units. The controller was bought on eBay and guaranteed to fit my car but, it may be a bit dodgy as, when the climate system tries to kick in the air-conditioning, you can hear the small relay on the controller board buzzing....

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Definitely the controller - I have checked everything else - all working fine. I got onto the citroen parts list, typed in my VIN and found that the original Citroen controller is still available. I then went to my parts dealers site (in France) and discovered the original part is (are you sitting down?) $151 euro!!!!!!!
    I will try again with eBay. I would buy just the transistors but, the relay on the original controller has burnt out.

Quote Originally Posted by WRB View Post
    Definitely the controller - I have checked everything else - all working fine. I got onto the citroen parts list, typed in my VIN and found that the original Citroen controller is still available. I then went to my parts dealers site (in France) and discovered the original part is (are you sitting down?) $151 euro!!!!!!!
    I will try again with eBay. I would buy just the transistors but, the relay on the original controller has burnt out.
    Hi Warren, it's exactly these insane parts prices which send me back to the wreckers, every time. You could get a complete working fan for $20.00 from a wrecker. One of the European laws passed many year ago was designed to make sure that many different vehicles shared common parts. There MUST be a Peugeot which shares the same Unit.
    Cheers..

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

year 1999 605....

Hi Warren, Jolly's don't have one of those listed, but someone will. I'd be taking a walk around Imlachs, with gumboots on. you'd be pretty unlucky not to find one.
    cheers...

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Hi George,

I already have a new one coming from the UK - around $70.00 off eBay

cheers

Hey Warren, That's pretty good then. How accessible is the fan on the XM?. Is it very different to the Xantia?

Thread Information