Getting to know my new 07 C4 HDi - with your help please - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Getting to know my new 07 C4 HDi - with your help please

1000+ Posts

First you need a laptop running Windoze. The software is an old XP executable and has never been updated or ported or open sourced. Then get a Diagbox or Lexia from one of the many anonymous overseas sellers, complete with a hardware converter. You can download the software from quite a few torrent and repo sites, but you'll still need the hardware. Do a forum Lexia search as it is a very common topic. YT can show you the installation also. If you are in luck someone nearby may be able to help.

This is the diagnostic used in dealerships, and which is not sold to the public by PSA presumably to preserve an expensive dealer monopoly even though in these days of computerised cars it is a service necessity. With proper laws it would be open source compulsorily, but there you are.

Advertisement

Been looking to no prevail, is there somewhere i can look up to get part numbers?

EDIT: Found one so all good. Thanks.
    Last edited by davway; 19th July 2015 at 11:14 PM.

Fellow Frogger

http://service.citroen.com/pages/index.jsp
    Parts is a free service, but further info and manuals are by subscription.
    The mechanics handbooks seasink linked to have a great deal of information, so they may be enough.

Thanks David, that's the one that I found - very useful!

Well, i guess a bit of an update wouldnt hurt.
    So after some comfirmation from David regarding a used turbo on eBay - i went and bought it.
    That ended up getting lost in the mail so i had to buy another one and that too went for a week long journey around the counrty.
    First purchased turbo did turn up after 2 weeks off sitting around in a mail sorting room so it was fitted and the car presented for RWC.
    In almost the week that its been on the road this car has been a joy to drive and the fuel economy is stunning. Nearly 900km down and still 1/4 to go.
    Seats 2 in the front and 2 kids in teh back with plenty of room and no complaints from anyone at all.
    Full service has been done during the last week along with the sump being dropped and the strainer cleaned out to prevent any othr turbo issues.
    Thanks for everyones help, this car has redeemed itself and looks like a keeper!
    UFO, seasink and David S like this.

Fellow Frogger

Great result so far. Well done.
    Change the oil and filter after only a couple of thousand km this time.
    It's likely you will have residual carbon debris being mobilized for a while and caught.

So, nearly 5000km in now and its running sweet as.
    Still not used to the stupid fuel economy of this thing - wont even go near a fuel station till it gets over 1100km!
    So, it was a rough start but the fix was easy and worth it for the car that it is now.

Well, 10000km of ownership now and i cant fault this car at all.
    Its a pleasure to drive it and im genuinely happy with the purchase.
    Having the turbo blow on the first day of ownership was a bit demoralizing but now i have a car that i am confident in owning.
    Doing all the repair work myself gave me a sense of pride and allowed me to get to know and understand the car on another level.
    I know most dont really care too much but i thought id just share how i felt and how much i appreciate this car more so now than i probably normally would.
    What makes it even better is the kids love going in it as well.
    Happy motoring!
    seasink, David S and UFO like this.

Been a while since the last post but after 40000km of ownership and sitting on 305000km now, its still running like a charm!
    UFO, David S, XM Mechanic and 1 others like this.

1000+ Posts

I hadn't seen this thread, but great stuff! Don't worry, updates are interesting, especially as the km mount up.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Agree, the C4 is a great car when everything is working.

But when the time comes to change the battery, change a headlight or tail light globe, or even worse when some of the sensors play up and the car goes into limp mode, it will try your patience !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenn

Great car the HDi C4. My 2006 manual has now done 220.000 and serviced every 20.000km. Just a few pointers, do not use bio-diesel, change the water pump at the next major timing belt service and change the alternator pulley bearing. Mine fell apart at 206.000 and ruined the alternator shaft, which meant another alternator.
    Mine is averaging between 4.1 & 4.5 litres per 100km with air conditioner on for 8 months of the year. If the anti-theft wheel nuts are still there; replace them with normal wheel nuts. My adaptor got lost and I had to wait for one from France to do a tyre change, lucky no punctures. My air conditioner drain has closed over 3 times and flooded the passenger side floor, tickle the drain to make sure it has not blocked.
    Cheers.
    DS 21
    C4 HDI
    Piaggio Fly 125

Quote Originally Posted by gembee View Post
    Agree, the C4 is a great car when everything is working.

But when the time comes to change the battery, change a headlight or tail light globe, or even worse when some of the sensors play up and the car goes into limp mode, it will try your patience !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenn
    My 2005 C4 has been sweet since I bought it in March 2017 (yep, at 12 years young with 135K on the odom), but yesterday threw her first "antipollution engine light" issue. But I digress! I'm here to say that I have changed both headlight and tail light bulbs, and I didn't have an issue. Headlights need some patience as you need to work by feel, but the tail lights are easy (unless the 3-door has other issues - I'm only experienced with 5-door)... and if the tail light issue is brake lights (due to the switch in the passenger side footwell) still easy after doing some YouTube searches showing what to look for! I hope that it is still running like a charm when it is up to 300K+ like Davway's C4. (Where is that emoticon of crossed fingers?) Jez
    2001 Xsaras
    It is definitely an obsession!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information