C4 2011 Front Door won't open from Inside
  • Register
  • Help

Default C4 2011 Front Door won't open from Inside

Froggers,

Advertisement

A friend of mine has a C4 with this problem and has a huge quote from the Citroen agent to repair? Has anyone else out there had this problem and have worked out a solution that doesn't involve changing out the whole door lock and interior handle panel system?

Cheers,

Ken W

1000+ Posts

Does it unlock from the outside? Does the central unlock work?

Sounds like the child lock mechanism has failed. The window isolation switch on the drivers door also activates this feature. I would be doing a BSI reset and if no luck there seems to be plenty of C4 being wrecked at the moment. My mistake, if it's a front door it's not a child lock. Search the UK C4 owners forum.
    Last edited by Jinandfonic; 10th July 2015 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Error
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

1000+ Posts

You won't find too many C4 B7s at the wreckers.

Icon5 Better Description of Fault

Thanks for the replies so far. It does open from the outside. It is not a C4B7, it is one of the last of the first series. Following is an exact description of the problem.

Citroen C4 Door Lock Problem
    I have a Citroen C4 sedan, manufacture date 26/07/2010 and purchase date 1/7/2011, with a passenger side door lock problem and am seeking advice on the cause and solution.

The problem is that if the car doors are unlocked by using the remote, the front passenger door (and the rear passenger side door [sometimes?]) cannot be opened from inside after the doors automatically lock on driving off.

However, if the car is unlocked by using the key in the lock of the front passenger door, the front passenger door will open normally from inside. This problem seems to be quite consistent, though very occasionally the front passenger door will open from inside after unlocking the car with the remote. This makes me wonder whether I have an intermittent electrical problem or a mechanical adjustment that is just out of tolerance. I have tried setting/releasing the child lock mechanism at the end of the door near the lock striker, but that seems to make no difference.
    The authorised Citroen service agent wants to replace the LHF and LHR door actuators, which will need to come from France, at what seems to be a very high cost of over $1,400.

Iím not sure whether the problem is mechanical or electrical, or whether it might be fixed with a simple adjustment. If anyone has come across this problem and can suggest a solution without replacing the door actuators at great expense, Iíd be very appreciative.

Cheers,

Ken W
    Last edited by Ken W; 11th July 2015 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Better Description

The doors do have a deadlock setting as part of the alarm, yet it would be unusual to have it do so for the inside only. Sounds electrical other than mechanical; Battery health checked? The auto locking at 5 kph can be disabled via the trip computer.
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

Hi Ken, so far every time I've had these problems, that is, every door lock on the Xantia, and just one so far on the C5, it's been the little 12 volt motors in the lock assemblies. You just have to replace the lock unit because you can't get the motors separately. It's a remove and replace job. The locks cannot be really serviced. It's a modular swap out type of thing. Always solves the problem, so far anyway, fingers crossed.
    Cheers... George.

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Ken

Did this problem manifest itself after
    a) a power wash
    b) lots of rain

If so it may be that you may have a moisture problem. I have just replied to another thread with a similar problem on a C5. Have a read and hopefully it may be of some use to you. Worth a try for the small cost involved anyway.
    C5 drivers side passenger door will not open

Cheers
    Peter
    1950 11BL
    1970 AZUA "La Poste" van
    1986 2CV Dolly (red and white)
    2004 C5 HDi silver 2.0L

Thread Information