CX seats
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By benvv
  • 1 Post By daffyduck

Thread: CX seats

Default CX seats

Are the seats (front and rear) compatible between the series 1 & series 2?
    Cheers

Advertisement

i.e. can series 2 seats fit in series 1?

Cheers

Yes. Mine has S2 leather. Where as the original seats in this S1 turbo were cloth.

Adrian

Current;

Xantia V6 Exclusive Auto 2000

Past;

CX25 GTI Turbo series 1 1985
    DS23 IE Pallas 5sp 1974
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984 Parts
    2CV 1988
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Oh good ... I wasn't sure about the center console being wider or narrower Everything else should be the same!
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

outstanding thanks gents.

certainly provides more options in trying (currently without luck) to source a replacement set for my s1.
    DanielBendigo likes this.

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by benvv View Post
    outstanding thanks gents.

certainly provides more options in trying (currently without luck) to source a replacement set for my s1.
    So what's with the original seats? Upholstery in bad shape? Of the two, I prefer the S1- much more comfy, especially in cloth.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

they are tan cloth, structurally in reasonable nick But the cloth is worn, old and less than ideal. Ultimately i would like to replace with tan leather where possible. i wonder if its possible to source (either original or replacement) upholstery and recover myself?

would s2 upholstery cover a s1 seat?

Cheers

they are tan cloth, structurally in reasonable nick But the cloth is worn, old and less than ideal. Ultimately i would like to replace with tan leather where possible. i wonder if its possible to source (either original or replacement) upholstery and recover myself?

would s2 upholstery cover a s1 seat?

Cheers
    If you're handy with working upholstery leather (much harder to work than cloth and far less forgiving on mistakes), I say go for it. Usually that stuff is sourced by the hide. Any good upholstery supply store can get that for you. You can also go to any good upholsterer shop, but expect to get up-sold. They will want to do the job, and in the grand scheme of things, not that much more money than ordering the materials and tools necessary. If you don't have the required skills, much less aggravating, too.

CX Basis might have a kit that makes the job far, far easier.

And no- the S2 upholstery will not fit the S1 seats. Two very different shapes.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

thanks for the advice.

i have tried to source from cx basis but i cant seem to find any (any where else also) as it was my intent to put on myself. Any where else to look?

Im not versed enough to cut and fix myself. so in the worse (but most likely) circumstance is that i need to pay someone to recover them in a bespoke fashion?

Cheers

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Series II CX seats

they sit you lower to the floor, so you do end up with more head room! They certainly hug you into the seat much more tightly too.

seeya,
    shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

thanks for the advice.

i have tried to source from cx basis but i cant seem to find any (any where else also) as it was my intent to put on myself. Any where else to look?

Im not versed enough to cut and fix myself. so in the worse (but most likely) circumstance is that i need to pay someone to recover them in a bespoke fashion?

Cheers
    I did have a look at the CX Basis site after my last post. They've got a complete set of seats, S2 Turbo, in red, used in stock. Type in "seats" in the search field. It includes the door panel inserts for the S2 door cards. About 2K, I haven't the faintest about the shipping. They also sell cloth by the square meter, type in "cloth".

If you don't know how to upholster, I really do not recommend you try a leather interior as your first attempt. Cloth or vinyl. Cloth is really forgiving of mistakes, and vinyl isn't as easy, but a hella lot cheaper than leather. If you really need leather- and I understand, I really do understand why- get an estimate. For the money though, I would check out that interior that CX Basis has.

Edit- sorry- look under "leather", not "seats". They probably have others, you have to enquire.

wow i see, thanks hotrodelectric,
    red will not suit my light green exterior though :S.

those s2 door inserts will fit a s1 door card?

cheers.

cheers.
    And just why not? The Italians did that with greens and blues all through the '50's, '60's and '70's

Just contact them. They may have something a bit more suitable.

As for the door cards, no. The S1 cards are one-piece molded, where the S2 cards are multiple pieces per door.

ha, perhaps, but im not italian, in italy, or in the 50s,70s or in talking about an Italian car.

i will leave such fund for my italian fleet (present and future).

I'm not either, but some of those combos kinda grow on you after a few minutes. For example, Fiat 850 saloon , dark blue exterior, orange/red (more red than brown, anyway) interior? Actually pretty appealing once you get past the surprise.

There's one guy here in SoCal that might have a set of what you're looking for. He is/was pretty deep into CX's here for a while, had a fairly large cache of parts. Let me try to dig up his email address. If I find it I'll PM you with it. I don't remember if he had any leather or not, you would need to talk to him.

Any chance of finding that contact?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    I'm not either, but some of those combos kinda grow on you after a few minutes. For example, Fiat 850 saloon , dark blue exterior, orange/red (more red than brown, anyway) interior? Actually pretty appealing once you get past the surprise.

There's one guy here in SoCal that might have a set of what you're looking for. He is/was pretty deep into CX's here for a while, had a fairly large cache of parts. Let me try to dig up his email address. If I find it I'll PM you with it. I don't remember if he had any leather or not, you would need to talk to him.

Hi yes potentially? they are the same to what i would already have, however always wanted leather in her. would you consider just selling the "skins" and not the seat frame/cushions?

Cheers

Any chance of finding that contact?
    Hi yes potentially? they are the same to what i would already have, however always wanted leather in her. would you consider just selling the "skins" and not the seat frame/cushions?

Cheers
    The guy I was thinking of is Brian Piette, his last known email address is [email protected]

Try him, he may have it, he may not. I haven't talked to him in a couple of years now. Good people, a CX enthusiast from the word 'go'.

cheers.
    Hah!
    I bought a slime green ID19 years ago and it had red cloth seats. Quite the visual gagger. Consequently I blacked out all the bright work and painted the car earth tone camouflage.

Brian P is largely retired these days. You now find him analyzing local surf and ranching monarch butterflies while he tends to his aged mother. I'll plug him for you but don't hold your breath. He is well versed in things down under having exported plenty of American muscle to your continent.
    Hotrodelectric likes this.

I had a CX which came with tan leather seats. In Australian conditions, the old CX leather just dried out so it was tough like cardboard, and was likely to crack, as well as shrinking, so all the stitching would rip open. It was really ugly. If you had old leather CX seats you would be replacing it anyway. The old leather is no good for a template because it shrinks so much over the years. The black leather ones from the series 2 turbo CX like the one in the photo that Shane posted would be the ones to try to obtain.
    Good luck..

Thread Information