Quest for replacement BVH Hydraulic fluid reservoir is over!
  • Register
  • Help

Default Quest for replacement BVH Hydraulic fluid reservoir is over!

A few of you offered leads for one of these tanks, thank you. Roger Parker dug one up. It is so great to be able to find such a rare thing in such good, original condition. The air-conditioning gear has gone to an excellent home.

Advertisement

Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quest for replacement BVH Hydraulic fluid reservoir is over!-img_1651.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Middlemoon.1 View Post
    A few of you offered leads for one of these tanks, thank you. Roger Parker dug one up. It is so great to be able to find such a rare thing in such good, original condition. The air-conditioning gear has gone to an excellent home.

Tim
    My tank is the plated, not painted version and does not scrub up too well. I planned to paint it but doubt my signwriting skills (zilch) would look good. The printing was probably screen printed initially but I was hoping there might be a transfer available. I suppose I could get an adhesive vinyl print made. My question is, is there anyone on Aussiefrogs who has gone down this track?

SF

Quote Originally Posted by ScotFrog View Post
    My tank is the plated, not painted version and does not scrub up too well. I planned to paint it but doubt my signwriting skills (zilch) would look good. The printing was probably screen printed initially but I was hoping there might be a transfer available. I suppose I could get an adhesive vinyl print made. My question is, is there anyone on Aussiefrogs who has gone down this track?

SF
    The plated tank has no printing other than a sticker for Min/Max level - I have heaps of these printed so can mail a few to you.

I kind of like the grubby look of the plated tanks and will be leaving mine alone. . .

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

I was very confused about how my original tank came to be crunched, until a friend told me that they can suck themselves in if breather blocked….that's evidently what happened to mine. My car originates from Germany….did the languages on the tanks vary much?

Tim

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by Middlemoon.1 View Post
    I was very confused about how my original tank came to be crunched, until a friend told me that they can suck themselves in if breather blocked….that's evidently what happened to mine. My car originates from Germany….did the languages on the tanks vary much?

Tim
    That's opening up a hornet's nest Tim

I would think not, but I'm never surprised at the possible variations on our D models.

We went through this exercise for the LHS tank a while back and there certainly were variations by year/country etc. I produced a version that Roger determined to be correct for his car.
    DS19 hydraulic reservoir wording

The various suppliers of DS parts only list one version of the LHM sticker as far as I'm aware.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Thread Information