1968 DS 21 (manual) $100,000.00
  • Register
  • Help

Default 1968 DS 21 (manual) $100,000.00

Citroen DS 21 Pallas RHD, Palladium Grey For Sale (1968) on Car And Classic UK [C620718]
    Actually with freight and taxes will be well over AUS$100,000.00
    Nice looking car in the pictures, could probably have sorted out the steering wheel at that price.

Advertisement

Hi Michael,

For a minute there I thought it was an "unknown" BVH.... Lovely looking car - is it advertised somewhere locally...?

Cheers,

Mark...

Freight and taxes to where? It is currently in Bondi, NSW!
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

That link is to a UK site and the price is listed in pounds sterling, my assumption was it was seeking interest from the UK.

It seems like a lot of money, but work on these cars to get them to an original and high standard is very expensive. As many here know, it doesn't take long with proper maintenance and correct sorting to send the cost of such a car...North. And given the rarity - there must be only a handful of the model in this condition worldwide. A friend was working on a $2M Ferrari of similar vintage on the weekend - so there's some perspective.

Tim

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

That is one hell of a lot of dosh for a so-so car. At 45-50K, I can see it. At100K, that car had better be concours. The pics show me it is not.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

1000+ Posts

Ex Bondi puts up a check-for-corrosion warning before I've seen it.

Hmmm.... I guess it's all perspective. I can't see 250K or upwards for GT Falcons but that's just me. Then there are multi million dollar prices for many of the exotics in rare forms....

The DS is surely one of the most interesting and beautiful cars in the world. The one presented here is among the rarest of them....why must we relegate them in value to the price of the new falcon? This one is optimistic (that's for sure) in relation to Australian sales. But these are so rare it's hard to establish what the market is. I guess this is one way! I can remember arguing the value of the D model when 5,000 was deemed horrendous as opposed to the standard figure of 800 to 1,200. I think we can safely say we've progressed since then.

Tim
    Last edited by Middlemoon.1; 17th June 2015 at 07:26 PM.

Thread Information