• Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pug206gti
  • 1 Post By Citroenfan

Thread: Californian Aussie -froggers

Fellow Frogger!

Default Californian Aussie -froggers

Hi! Wife and I are heading to California on 27th June for son's wedding in Oakdale (a couple of road hours east of San Francisco). I'm officiating at the wedding on 11th July. We'd love to meet up with any Citroen fans in California. We're going to be in CA for about 6 1/2 weeks. I know this isn't a totally relevant thread, so if anyone is interested, please PM me on [email protected]. I currently have 7 Citroens on the premises: 3.0l V6 HDi C5 Tourer, 2.0l HDi C5 hatch, Xantia CT Turbo, DS 23 IE 5-speed Pallas (these are all registered and on the road), plus a DS23 IE 5 speed non-Pallas (likely wrecking - copious rust), a DS 23 carby Pallas BW auto (possible restoration) and a Xantia wagon (most likely wrecking although body & mechanicals good but numerous electrical issues).

Advertisement

Thanks & hoping to hear from someone. Robin

Icon6

G'day,
    I hope that there is someone there to look after them while you are away.
    All the best to your son and his lovely bride.
    Don't forget to wave the flag in one of the pics.
    addo likes this.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

You might want to check in with Lon Price at Garage Longueville in Santa Cruz. He has a yearly Bastille Day party at his shop. Great fun. Lon is a wonderful guy to know. Garage Longueville

This is stretching things a bit time-wise, but our annual Rendezvous is at the end of August in Cambria.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Fellow Frogger!

Thank you Hotrodelectric. I contacted Lon and he has invited us to his celebrations on 19th July. We're looking forward to going over from here - about 2 hours or so. Are you coming up from San Diego?
    Cheers
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hoffmann View Post
    Thank you Hotrodelectric. I contacted Lon and he has invited us to his celebrations on 19th July. We're looking forward to going over from here - about 2 hours or so. Are you coming up from San Diego?
    Cheers
    Robin
    I hope so. I have the time blocked out for it, anyway. I'll be coming up with Steve (Citroenfan) out of Los Angeles. He's just gotta show off the new XM

New groom and lovely bride coming along? See ya there.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    I hope so. I have the time blocked out for it, anyway. I'll be coming up with Steve (Citroenfan) out of Los Angeles. He's just gotta show off the new XM

New groom and lovely bride coming along? See ya there.
    New is really relative . 92,000 + miles on the clock and 23 yo almost qualifies it as an 'old timer'. And still have not been able to get its smog certificate. And am hoping that the procedure Andre sent me will allow me to unlock the rear hatch.

OTOH the bash at Lon's is always a lot of fun. Good food, great people and normally really good weather.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Citroenfan View Post
    New is really relative . 92,000 + miles on the clock and 23 yo almost qualifies it as an 'old timer'. And still have not been able to get its smog certificate. And am hoping that the procedure Andre sent me will allow me to unlock the rear hatch.

OTOH the bash at Lon's is always a lot of fun. Good food, great people and normally really good weather.

Steve
    How many miles are on your '72?

Like I said- new XM.

Fellow Frogger!

Hi hotrodelectric, bride & groom won't be there. They have to be back for work. But they are going to Santa Cruz for a couple of nights after the wedding.
    Robin

Hi Robin,

I hope the wedding goes well tomorrow.

I note you have a registered DS23 stashed up there in Toowoomba. Is there anyway we could get this to French Card Day in Brisbane on 19th July so it can be one of the 60 D's for the 60th anniversary?

Cheers,

Ken W

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Ken, sorry it can't be there. We will still be in California until mid-August. Steeley has put plenty of heat on me about it but understands. It really needs new tyres before I drive it much further. 30 year old XVSs are a bit dodgy.

I hope the day goes really well. Would be there if we were back in Oz.

Cheers

Robin

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hoffmann View Post
    Hi Ken, sorry it can't be there. We will still be in California until mid-August. Steeley has put plenty of heat on me about it but understands. It really needs new tyres before I drive it much further. 30 year old XVSs are a bit dodgy.

I hope the day goes really well. Would be there if we were back in Oz.

Cheers

Robin
    I can not speak for Robin, but Pauline, Bill (Hotrod Electric) and I had a great time at Lon's place a few weekends ago. And it was really great to meet Robin and his significant other . As soon as I have time to post pictures from the event I will put a link on Aussie Frogs. Being the proud owner (We think) of a 92 XM time could be at a premium........just kidding.

Steve

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    How many miles are on your '72?

Like I said- new XM.
    When I got the 72 it was headed for the crushers. At that time it had some 496,000 miles (give or take) on the clock. After a complete mechanical rebuild of the engine I have, personally, put a bit over 142,000 miles on it. AFAIK it still has the original drive shafts and tranny.

OTOH Pauline and I really like the XM. A bit of a struggle due to some electrical issues. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we would wind owing an XM, especially here in the US. Buy 'lo and behold' we have.

Steve
    JohnW likes this.

Thread Information