Citroen CX Dashboard and Door Panels
  • Help

Default Citroen CX Dashboard and Door Panels

Hi

My CX is 1977 and interior color is blue and find interior trim pieces is somehow hard, I find beige ones but blue is so hard, another option for me is restoring lower side of dashboard and door panels. have anyone any useful link or system for it?

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

The plastic door trim covering almost always shrinks and twists the cardboard backing so it will no longer fit to the door. It's a very common problem, so if you can't find anything decent, you probably need to strip the cracked skin off and make something from sewn vinyl or cloth and a thin foam backing.

The furry/velvet coating on the dashboard might be repaired using a 'flocking' kit that you would find very easily via eBay. You'd want to try a test panel before working on the dash to ensure it will do the job and be durable. Certainly worth a try as the CX underdash looks awful when well worn.

The problem is that the last owner cut a hole in the door trims to put better speakers, the car is only 78000 km and the trim looks like new but I don`t want that speakers and want to be like original ones, I found beige ones in local but they need complete restoration. I quess I must find some company to cover them with Blue vinyl with big vacuum machines or try find a original blue set in Europe.

Thanks for the flocking kit, I will try them.

Cheers

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houtan View Post
    The problem is that the last owner cut a hole in the door trims to put better speakers, the car is only 78000 km and the trim looks like new but I don`t want that speakers and want to be like original ones, I found beige ones in local but they need complete restoration. I quess I must find some company to cover them with Blue vinyl with big vacuum machines or try find a original blue set in Europe.

Thanks for the flocking kit, I will try them.

Cheers
    You might have luck with CXBasis in Germany. They can be a little pricy, but they do have the selection. Also, keep an eye on eBay France.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Thread Information