DS5 - does it have child seat tether anchor point for the centre rear seat?
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default DS5 - does it have child seat tether anchor point for the centre rear seat?

Hi, I'm interested in buying a DS5, but I need to know if there is a hidden child seat tether anchor point for the rear centre seat (I need to use all three positions for child seats, and yes, there is a separate issue of whether three child seats will even fit in the back). I have looked at a couple of cars and there are two obvious ones on the outboard seats, but I can't see one in the centre. Normally I would say no, but I've seen a report by NRMA stating there are three child anchor points in the rear seat (see Citroen DS5).

I've asked a dealer, who wasn't sure, and sent an email to Citroen, who replied quickly but just quoted the owners manual. I've seen the manual and it refers to two ISOFIX anchorages in the outboard seating positions. But it doesn't refer to Australian requirements at all, so the NRMA report is still confusing me - I can't believe the NRMA would have got it so wrong!

It's possible it's a hidden nut under the boot carpet, or a something above the seat back? Can anybody conclusively say yes or no to the centre seat having an anchorage point?

Advertisement

Thanks for your help.

This may or may not help.

Quote from NRMA listing referring to pre 2014 models:

"Two child restraints fitted comfortably across the rear seat, whereas with three you couldn't access the centre and rear drivers seatbelt buckles. Three tether anchors are located in the ceiling, above the cargo area."

For the current model, they make the same comment re difficulty with 3 seats, but the location is given as 3 tether points on back of seats.

Is it possible that they have retained the ceiling attachment point for the centre seat only on the current build? Just an option to look upwards!

Cheers.
    2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Sometimes they are in the ceiling like the C5 wagon, but I'd first check whether three seats would fit in the rear. It sounds a little ambitious.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I'd just drill and plate an area in the boot floor for the middle tether ... It's no big deal to me if a car doesn't have one fitted

Remember, it's only a tether point and for decades they thought a small hole screwed in your parcel shelf was more than adequate!

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

1000+ Posts

The 2012 owner's manual is at http://www.citroendriveeurope.com.au...02_2012_EN.pdf

Page 166 says that there are two isofix anchor sets. You could perhaps fit an Aust standard seat belt model in the middle.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    I'd just drill and plate an area in the boot floor for the middle tether ...
    The thought did cross my mind, but I've seen what happens when a anchorage is put in the wrong place, and drilling a hole in a new DS5 ....!!

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Fordman View Post
    This may or may not help.

Quote from NRMA listing referring to pre 2014 models:

"Two child restraints fitted comfortably across the rear seat, whereas with three you couldn't access the centre and rear drivers seatbelt buckles. Three tether anchors are located in the ceiling, above the cargo area."

For the current model, they make the same comment re difficulty with 3 seats, but the location is given as 3 tether points on back of seats.
    Thanks Fordman, but was that first quote you gave from the NRMA site for the C5 wagon not the DS5? I can only find reports for C5, DS3 and DS5 on their website. It's still a good idea to look at the roof though.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by brenno View Post
    but I'd first check whether three seats would fit in the rear. It sounds a little ambitious.
    It does seem a little ambitious, doesn't it? Still, where there's a will there's a way!

We've driven a new C4 Picasso. Lovely car, easily fits three child seats, ticks all the boxes for a family car, very different inside (full electronic dash with separate touchscreen), but lacking anything for the driver. It makes you feel like you're driving a mini-van rather than the other way around. The DS5 is a little more driver orientated, a little more stylish, if only I can get three child seats into it .

It must have I would think to comply with Australian law. Look on the back of the seat. That is where our Xantia and Prius has them.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    It must have I would think to comply with Australian law. Look on the back of the seat. That is where our Xantia and Prius has them.
    Lots of cars don't have all three; I don't think Australian compliance demands three.

Mikey 33 I'm surprised you didn't like the handling of the C4GP. I love it. But I also have an rs265 to drive on other days.
    I hope it isn't heresy to mention here but if you're into the ds5 I'd recommend the Mondeo wagon, the Volvo v60 t5-r, or a Mazda 6. They may have better rear seat attachments and the Volvo has built in booster seats if stone of your kids are old enough that will create more room. They were ones I was wanting but the boss wanted something with a bit more height (for me that just meant worse handling but my back is thankful).
    Also if you had to buy VAG, a manual Skoda Octavia RS would be the only one I'd touch.

1000+ Posts

If you looked at the Mondeo and Mazda, you might finish up getting a C5. Here's the boot of a DS5, showing anchorages.
    DS5 - does it have child seat tether anchor point for the centre rear seat?-citroen-ds5-boot.jpg

Thread Information