Anti Pollution Fault
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Clogzz

Thread: Anti Pollution Fault

Tadpole

Default Anti Pollution Fault

Morning Guys,

A few months ago I posted this thread re my 2002, 2 litre petrol C5. Each time I started the car I would get a "ping" and a multi function display warning that I had an anti pollution fault. The red "service"light would stay on as would the small yellow "engine" icon. However, the car performed perfectly. For no apparent reason, one evening, all this disappeared and stayed gone for weeks and weeks only to re appear. I've lived with this now for 4 or 5 months. Last Saturday I started the car and, as usual, the warning appeared. Drove into town, several stops and nothing changed. On returning home I let it all stand for about an hour and then,as usual, checked the engine oil etc. Topped up the engine oil..150 ml. and the LDS....50 ml. which really wasn't needed. Started the car and, yes, you've guessed it, no "ping", no warning lights!!

Advertisement

Question is....could there be a relationship d'you think?

John.

hi John,

I have the same problem with my 2003 c5 (petrol) for the last 3.5 years some owners have told me not to worry about it as it is a common fault with this model but after reading many threads on this forum, it`s best to get a Lexia plugged into your fuse box and get a fault code readout to find the exact fault.
    The Anti Pollution Fault warning could be many different things and if ignored too long could lead to big problems.
    With my car I have changed the spark plugs, the air filter, the fuel filter, still comes on and after a readout there seems to be a fault with No. 1 fuel injector (either dirty or a vacuum leak) this has been causing the car to run lean (which is not too bad) but it apparently upsets the exhaust gasses and can lead to the catalytic converter to block up. (big bucks to replace).

So your not alone with this problem, I`m still learning with my car, hope I haven`t scarred you too much.
    I`m sure other fellow frogers will add to this with more technical advice.

good luck
    regards Keith
    Last edited by The Dunk; 11th May 2015 at 01:41 PM. Reason: spelling

I’ve had that on and off for years; it’s the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve staying shut all the time.
    Cleaning it will sort it for over a year.
    I do nothing because the engine runs more smoothly with the valve shut.
    shanadoo likes this.
    2003 C5 2.0i AL4 205,000 km 76372389

Thread Information