Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By David S
  • 1 Post By dcc236
  • 1 Post By shanadoo

Thread: 2002 C5 alloy wheels

Default 2002 C5 alloy wheels

Hello everyone,

Advertisement

I would like to replace the steel wheels on my 2002 C5 with alloy wheels as I keep loosing hubcaps. My question is would 16 inch Citroen alloys be OK on my car? Is there any considerations to take into account like speedo accuracy or transmission gearing? Sorry for being a noob!

Craig

Fellow Frogger

The black rims are actually aluminium alloy and not steel. You'll see they are light and thicker than most steel rims if you look inside the little holes around them. Many people just use a $40 set of covers from Supercheap! The 205 brigade like these rims for racing.

There should be no problem fitting the 16 inch rims and the only speedo issue will be if the tyres fitted to the 16 inch rims have a different rolling diameter. However, fitting 15 inch rims to a V6 or any facelifted car might possibly be an issue as the heavier and later cars usually used larger brake parts. In some models, there is a provision for specifying the rims and tyres as part of the configuration data in the BSI unit, but it probably won't make any difference to you if you have the correct tyre size. Try to buy a full set of 5 with all the bolts and centre covers. Check if the wheel brace is the same, but I think they are all 19mm. Avoid the special locking nuts.

The early style 'Monza' 16 inch rims used on early V6 C5 are a real pain to clean, but they will be less costly to buy than the obviously spoked 'Hungaro' 16 inch rims from later models as there are numerous early V6s being scrapped at present. If you want the 'correct' style of 15 inch rim for your car, then you have two styles - Silverstone (6.5J) and Imola (6.0J). Imola looks similar to the regularly lost hubcaps.

2002 C5 alloy wheels-c5rims.jpg
    Last edited by David S; 26th April 2015 at 10:12 PM.
    Tintin likes this.

Thanks for the info David S, this is most helpful. There are a number of later model C4s being wrecked at the moment so I may look at these also.

thanks again

Craig

Fellow Frogger!

I have a C5 too, was told to put a couple of white nylon cable ties thru the wheel holes & the hub caps to prevent them falling off, cheap, easy, it works!

Regards

agd123

1000+ Posts

What are the actual specs of these mythical C5 steel/alloys? 15 x 6?
    1984 505 Executive Auto

206 GTi 180 - '804 Cat Cams, Jenvey DBW 48mm ITB's, AT Power Dry Sump, Emtron KV8 ECU, HP Electronik PDM, AIM MXS Dash, Custom Wiring Harness. AST Camber Tops & Coilovers, -2deg camber hubs by Frogstomp Racing, 24mm Torsion Bars, AP Racing brakes, Custom Radiator and Oil cooler, 3J Plate LSD, E85.

Sandown - 1:31.5, Winton - 1:40.2, Wakefield - 1:11.05, Phillip Island - 1:55.9, The Bend (International) 2:23.2
    NŁrburgring - 10:23.ish (Fiesta ST)

Fellow Frogger!

There is a guy wrecking a 2007 C5 in Ipswich, just west of Brisbane. He has a set of genuine 16" wheels and tyres for $150.
    addo likes this.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by speaksgeek View Post
    What are the actual specs of these mythical C5 steel/alloys? 15 x 6?
    Hi speaksqeek,
    Not sure why you said mythical C5 steel/alloys ??? They are real and were fitted as standard to the early C5 here until the importers upgraded the overall spec of the cars they bought in and mags were standard fitment.
    Yes 15x6"
    I replaced mine with a set of mags which i purchased off Ebay. They were off another model Citroen but were also 15x6" and fitted perfectly. The only problem with that particular style of wheel was the lack of a center hole ! That makes it more difficult to find places to balance them. Not impossible though.
    Jaahn

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by agd123 View Post
    I have a C5 too, was told to put a couple of white nylon cable ties thru the wheel holes & the hub caps to prevent them falling off, cheap, easy, it works!

Regards

agd123
    So now don't forget to carry a pair of wire cutters or a sharp knife in case you get a flat It happens.

Cheers Tony.
    GreenBlood likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Steel wheels? here's much the same problem with Alloys. Noticed a loose cap on mine, I'll fix it tomorrow, went out and lost it somewhere. Proving very difficult to find an aftermarket replacement of the right diameter and style, even a plain one. Didn't know there was so many different sizes. Ipswich roads Grrrr.
    Last edited by shanadoo; 3rd May 2015 at 09:25 AM.

Thread Information