D Seats
  • Help

Thread: D Seats

Fellow Frogger!

Default D Seats

Just picked up a72 D Super 5S last week and wondering what to do with it!.However I notice that the front seats
    have short backs plus the backs are operated by a lever.Now Ive had about 15 D,s over the years ranging from 67_75 but none with seats like this.Please can someone enlighten me?
    Woody

Advertisement

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by brian woodcock View Post
    Just picked up a72 D Super 5S last week and wondering what to do with it!.However I notice that the front seats
    have short backs plus the backs are operated by a lever.Now Ive had about 15 D,s over the years ranging from 67_75 but none with seats like this.Please can someone enlighten me?
    Woody
    Pictures would help Woody, but I've seen front seats from an Austin 1800 used as replacements in a D

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

Hi,
    I think the front seats had a lower back til about 1965/66, and the lever at the side is to tip the seat back backwards. This was replaced by a black plastic wheel around the same time.

Cheers
    Ed

Hi Woody,

These seats are not correct for your car. They are from a 68 or earlier as 69 model year onward got a round knob for the reclining adjustment.

1972 model year DSuper and DSpecial seats are the same. If you want to change them and it helps I have some targa ones from a DSuper ones here as well as some cloth or vynal ones from a DSpecial.

Cheers,

Mark...

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Mark ,I think you must be right and thanks for your offer.If I don't find any locally then I will head for Brissy.
    Woody

Thread Information