Citroen. Chevrons or boomerangs ?
  • Help
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Wildebeest
  • 3 Post By David S
  • 1 Post By harrisson_citroen

Thread: Citroen. Chevrons or boomerangs ?

Default Citroen. Chevrons or boomerangs ?

I've noticed of late that Citroen have done away with the old Citroen Chevrons replacing them with what looks like two Boomerangs !

Then today I spotted a small sedan in the shopping centre with a mysterious badge on the grille. To me it looked like a stylised "S". Suzuki, Seat or what?
    The elderly owner appeared and asked me if I liked her new Citroen! I told her I was confused about the badge not being the more recognisable Chevrons.
    To me the chevrons have been further altered from the boomerangs to a pair of staggered chevrons looking for all the world like a pair of those wall mounted ducks seen on trendy kitchen walls. [Use your imagination here].

Why can't they leave things be?

Advertisement
    addo and ScotFrog like this.

Fellow Frogger

You may have missed it, but ... One day last week, it was announced that the 'boomerangs' are a part of a plan to shift production of an obsolete brand to excess capacity in the Antipodes. It is expected that with the locals pre-occupied with sport and flipping houses to each other, the increasing supply of excess labour and weakening peso will make it a favourable environment to produce the next Boomerang world car. When built in these 'new' production facilities, it is likely that no matter how far the new cars are driven, they will always need to return to the dealer network in a predictable way.
    Last edited by David S; 10th April 2015 at 09:55 PM.
    addo, citroenut and ScotFrog like this.

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Well, I guess when you mention the stylised "S" you must be referring to the DS line badge. The evolution of the chevron at first I didn't like, but really I've gotten used to it, and I understand they have to update the image from time to time and freshen it up.

At least you won't have to suffer the pain of what the Simca badge may have looked like by now, and seeing what it started life as -some squirrel flying West - I dare not imagine what it would look like now!!!! Thankgoodness it got shot in mid air !
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

I'm surprised that a "Red Sun" hasn't appeared in the apex of chevrons. In view of Renault's direction.

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen View Post
    ... Simca badge may have looked like by now, and seeing what it started life as -some squirrel flying West - I dare not imagine what it would look like now!!!! Thankgoodness it got shot in mid air !
    Said 'squirrel' had reappeared on the front of Prince CD's by the early 1990's.

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Said 'squirrel' had reappeared on the front of Prince CD's by the early 1990's.
    Geez, I can't believe I wrote squirrel ! What I meant is "Hirondelle" -Swallow in English -

Apologies still not fluent in English after 40 years downunder...
    addo likes this.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    I'm surprised that a "Red Sun" hasn't appeared in the apex of chevrons. In view of Renault's direction.
    Now then Rob, which direction was that? Renault Group sites across the world
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

JBN

I understand that the move to the "boomerang" chevron was to warn potential owners that it doesn't matter how far the car ventures from the dealer, it will return.

John

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    I understand that the move to the "boomerang" chevron was to warn potential owners that it doesn't matter how far the car ventures from the dealer, it will return.

John

... and the faster you drive it away, the sooner it will return.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    Now then Rob, which direction was that? Renault Group sites across the world
    Strategic business direction, ie worldwide Alliances.
    Daimler | Blog of RENAULT NISSAN Alliance

Very few car manufacturers have the sales numbers and economies of scale to maintain competitive profitability and thus survive in the global car market without some/many inter marque alliances.

Thread Information