Air Con Compressor for 2010 C4 Grand Picasso 2.0TDI
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Air Con Compressor for 2010 C4 Grand Picasso 2.0TDI

Default Air Con Compressor for 2010 C4 Grand Picasso 2.0TDI

Hi all,
    on the weekend the aircon shit itself,
    air con tech says it is the compressor clutch, and they are not replaceable,
    need new compressor

Who should I turn to for one?
    I Imagine Citroen will be damn expensive and EAI and Caravelle don't stock them

Anyone got one or know where a good second hand one is?

Cheers

Case

Advertisement

2010 Mazda RX8 GT
    2010 Citroen C4 GP

I'd be looking at Citroen parts manual and trying to cross reference the compressor to a more common model PSA/ Citroen vehicle.

I'm surprised that clutch is non serviceable - I've never seen a compressor without a removable clutch assembly personally. But I live to learn.

I'd be seeking a second opinion and/ or disconnecting the clutch from the vehicle wiring (normally a "bullet" connector of sorts) and "hot wiring" the wire to the clutch straight to battery +ve and seeing IF it "clacks" in.

If the clutch is working , I would then go looking at low refrigerant switches or relays in body control modules. There is thread about 406's clutch relays somewhere.

If the aircon dude is correct, I would try :

Air Conditioning Parts and Accessories: Ashdown Ingram

Speedy Air Spares

CoolDrive | History

With a bit searching you may find a clutch off another cheap as chips used compressor fits.

The diagnosis doesn't ring true to me.

Fellow Frogger!

If you have to get a compressor go to ebay uk. I was quoted $1100 for a locally sourced compressor for my Scenic and got one from the uk delivered to my local Post Office in 6 days from the date I pressed the Buy button for au $460.00 It was a Delphi (original maker) brand new . Someone somewhere in the food chain was making a heap on the locally sourced ones.
    Regards Dennis.

Fellow Frogger

If it's lost its charge and the clutch will not operate for that reason, remember it has a rear AC unit and you would do well to check the connections to that. The compressor is likely to be a garden variety Sanden (maybe SD7C16 ?) used on a number of PSA cars, but you can consult the label for the maker, type and specific model number. It's possible to change the clutch on many compressors, but that doesn't mean you can buy it as a new spare and Citroen often do not supply or list components of assemblies. I doubt there would be a lot of change from $1K locally, even via the trade, for a new compressor. It's very unlikely that the compressor is unique to the Picasso.
    Last edited by David S; 8th April 2015 at 08:06 PM.

Hi all,
    local euro parts supplier reckon they can get me a recon one for $550 landed,
    so I have ordered one,
    the unit on my car seems quite unusual,
    and different to 2011 Picassos' and my mates 2009,

Vin: VF7UARHJHAJ765102

Unit SANDEN

SD7C16

1320F

PN: 9671334780

other parts listing have itcome up as a 1308F, a 1340F and 1330F

2010 Mazda RX8 GT
    2010 Citroen C4 GP

Thread Information