Another issue with lexia
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Another issue with lexia

Tadpole

Default Another issue with lexia

hi all, just want to say thank you for these threads as i have used them to save some money on a couple of fixes already for my 2004 Citroen c5 (the fan wouldn't work...and a $5 new part got it working and literally saved 100's at a mechanic). Only had the car a couple of months and love it.
    But have now come to a problem i cant seem to get around. A couple of weeks ago one morning the car wouldn't start and the error came up as a security problem with the one and only key supplied.
    So having already got new keys and fob, thought that a lexia tool would get me around this problem by programming in the new keys. The problem is i cannot get the diagbox to talk to the car. The Install finally worked, and am running diagbox 7.57 with lexia v3.45
    the vm install of xp sp3 recognizes the hardware but the light on the hardware box comes on for about 3 sec and then turns off. and diagbox says to connect vci..
    can anyone help please

Advertisement

Tadpole

Use Lexia instead.
    I surrendered with Diagbox.
    VCI is the box on the cable, by the sounds of what you say, Diagbox doesn't recognize the VCI serial number.

1000+ Posts

Hi newfroggie - I agree with RichieB.

I can't use Diagbox either, because my Proxia (aka VCI) apparently doesn't have the right firmware. However I can successfully use Lexia (for Citroens) & Peugeot Planet/PP2000 for the Pugs. Diagbox is just a unified front-end for what are still essentially separate products.

Cheers

Alec

Hi Froggers,

I have just tried the upgrade from Lexia to Diagbox and have become a bit unstuck at the moment. The first time I tried to use Diagbox in anger, I didn't immediately plug in the interface box. When I did plug it in (after loading the USB drivers) it put up a big white box saying it couldn't talk to the VCI but I could see in the background that it was checking all the ECUs for errors. So I waiting for that to finish and then shut Diagbox down and restarted it. Diagbox then saw my interface box and performed a software upgrade. After that my interface box wouldn't talk to the car anymore. Luckily I could still access the report from the previous interrogation and found that everything was OK except for some blown bulbs.

When I got back to Brissie from Nuri, I connected my interface box to my Lexia computer and loaded Lexia which found my box and performed a software update (downgrade) and its now thankfully working again with the Lexia program.

Does any one know where you can buy a VCI box that is compatible with Diabox?

Also where is the best place to obtain updates to the Lexia software? Mine is now about 5 years old.

I would like to get Diagbox working. Any other suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Ken W
    Last edited by Ken W; 29th April 2015 at 04:18 PM.

con
    Fellow Frogger!

Ken,

The one I bought a year ago is well made and works great:

Newest Diagbox 7.65 Lexia3 PP2000 V48 ,V25 Lexia 3 citroen peugeot diagnostic tool Free shipping-in Code Readers & Scan Tools from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

When you buy it, they will send you a link to download the updates.

Installing the updates can be quite a challenge but it does "eventually" work.

con...

Fellow Frogger!

Hi con.
    What system are you running, I've got a chance at a laptop running Win7, so I'm considering this Lexia, think it'll work? China geeks say it will work on win 7, but may not work on my car. whatever that means. mine is C5 2004 Hdi.
    Maybe those who know will jump in here with some advice.

Cheers Tony.

Tony, you won't regret having it; much of the data is instinctive or almost intuitive to someone with a mechanical background but it is good confirmation and can sometimes save a fishing expedition or as some call it, "parts roulette".

I don't know why the comment about not working with a C5; they seem to have said this for years. Never an issue with my old gear.

con
    Fellow Frogger!

this VCI model from OBDSpace works on both Win7 and XP SP3. It talks to my 2009 C5 X7. I asked the seller before buying the VCI if it was (specifically) suitable for my C5.
    Some VCI models do NOT work on later model C5s as they have old firmware in them (you can't easily flash them either). Buyer beware!

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    Tony, you won't regret having it; much of the data is instinctive or almost intuitive to someone with a mechanical background but it is good confirmation and can sometimes save a fishing expedition or as some call it, "parts roulette".

I don't know why the comment about not working with a C5; they seem to have said this for years. Never an issue with my old gear.

Thanks addo.
    had a kind offer from Ken w, but I don't even have a laptop, and not keen on borrowing such a thing, so began looking around and this Win 7 came up. Read several blogs on Aus Frogs from Cit owners using Win7, so seems ok.

Was putting money aside to buy the wife her own transport, but with the price of the Lexia becoming so hard resist, I finally relinquished and promised to buy her a good pre owned bike with a handlebar basket, so leaving enough cash for me to become Lexia bound of course. Wife's not happy for some reason.

However has there not been different models of Lexia over the years? or are they all the same regardless, I seem to recall something about this or that model Lexia, not working on this or that model Cit. So am I dreaming, or do I have to look for an early model number Lexia which hasn't been updated to work with the later Citroen systems.

Need help here, if I buy wrong the C5 won't get fixed and I'll be stuck with a bl#%@* useless bike.

Cheers Tony

You are probably safe with something like Con has suggested. I think everyone is wary of the ability of a seller to appreciably vary their product between "as promoted" and "as delivered".

Maybe put it this way: Were I buying another myself, I would be inclined to go with such an item. It's less than a tank of petrol, and the laptop is going to work anyway.

1000+ Posts

Hi Tony,
    No expert here but !!
    There are two versions of Windows 7. 32 bit and 64 bit. All the early Windows recommended by the seller are all 32bit; Microsoft Windows 98 SR2/2000/XP with the latest service pack installed.
    Look and see what version the laptop has or it's biking for you and the dog house
    My impression of Lexia is that they are all basically the same but upgraded to suit the later versions of Windows and the changing brands of the ECUs. Whatever could be purchased cheapest by the factory

Jaahn

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Hi Tony,
    No expert here but !!
    There are two versions of Windows 7. 32 bit and 64 bit. All the early Windows recommended by the seller are all 32bit; Microsoft Windows 98 SR2/2000/XP with the latest service pack installed.
    Look and see what version the laptop has or it's biking for you and the dog house
    My impression of Lexia is that they are all basically the same but upgraded to suit the later versions of Windows and the changing brands of the ECUs. Whatever could be purchased cheapest by the factory

Jaahn

Thanks jaahn that helps a lot.

Tony

Icon10 More current Lexia software download

Froggers,

I have found a download source with includes a V48 Lexia package, PP2000 and a diagnostic program for the interface box that will tell you whether it will work OK with Diagbox. The one I have been using for 5 years or so was not compatible, so I have splashed out on one as mentioned above. My Diagbox install now works.

pp2000-lexia link.txt

Cheers,

Ken W

Thread Information