Ds19
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Roger Wilkinson

Thread: Ds19

Fellow Frogger!

Default Ds19

Pleased to say I have got a Ds19 to join my 21,s.It was an unfinished project and involved many trailer loads.
    Started assy the doors today and to my dismay I noticed that I had an excess of short window guides(for the rear doors) and a shortage of long ones(for the front).Now all my 21,s have got long ones at the front.Heading down to my sons place we dismantled a couple of push button front doors(of unknown origin) and they all had short guides.What is going on here? Maybe it dosn,t matter!! Another thing,my headlamp rims are badly rusted (hint) so I bought a couple on ebay then I noticed that they are held together with a screw at the base (they havn,t arrived yet) like the ones on posh old pommie cars,any observations anyone.
    Woody

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by brian woodcock View Post
    Pleased to say I have got a Ds19 to join my 21,s.It was an unfinished project and involved many trailer loads.
    Started assy the doors today and to my dismay I noticed that I had an excess of short window guides(for the rear doors) and a shortage of long ones(for the front).Now all my 21,s have got long ones at the front.Heading down to my sons place we dismantled a couple of push button front doors(of unknown origin) and they all had short guides.What is going on here? Maybe it dosn,t matter!! Another thing,my headlamp rims are badly rusted (hint) so I bought a couple on ebay then I noticed that they are held together with a screw at the base (they havn,t arrived yet) like the ones on posh old pommie cars,any observations anyone.
    Woody

This is a very exciting thing to report! Please let's know a little more about the DS 19…what year, condition etc and any pics? And it goes without saying, congratulations on this find! Something very special.

Regards,

Tim

Icon3

Woody
    Hi Brian,

Does this help, from manual 466 DS19 Parts (with credit to Roger Wilkinson)

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ds19-ds19-window-slides.jpg   Ds19-ds19-door-glass.jpg  
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

I think Brian means the tracks that guide the sliding action, in Chris's diagram DS961-57 and 57a and DS961-81 and 81a. I thought front and back were the same length. The earlier guides, D961-81 and 81a were much shorter than the DS961 parts that replaced them and were for the thicker 6mm glass used on early cars. Brian, at the front and rear of those doors, just ahead and aft of the glass, where the inner and outer skins are connected, is there a slight dip of maybe 4mm? This indicates and early door. Later doors go straight across.

Brian, what year is the car? Do you have the body number? I might have some spare manuals that would suit and could bring them to Nuriootpa.

Roger

PS the screw-together base for the headlamp surrounds was a Slough thing.
    GreenBlood likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Roger,from your description it seems that I have the later doors(I think they are the same as the ones on my ,69Ds21 )As for glass thickness mine vary between 4.2and 5mm!!I will look out for you at Nuri.I would be interested in any spare Manuals you may have
    Woody

Brian, if you tell me the chassis number of your DS19 I will see if I have spares of the right manuals.

Roger

Fellow Frogger!

Its too long a story to tell here Roger but I havn,t got the body yet.all I know is that its a second nose.
    Woody

Thanks, that's enough to go on for now.

Roger

Its too long a story to tell here Roger but I havn,t got the body yet.all I know is that its a second nose.
    Woody

Believe it or not I have a large quantity of second nose DS 19 M parts that I have accumulated in multiples for another project I am working on. If there are vital pieces missing, I may be able to help.

Best wishes,

Tim

Thread Information