C5 X7 Cupholder
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By seasink

Thread: C5 X7 Cupholder

UFO

Default C5 X7 Cupholder

For those of us with C5 X7s, we are all to well aware of the lack of any decent drink/cupholder in the front. That joke in the centre armrest doesn't count. Rear passengers are catered for though. Yes I like to have a drink (coffee or water) at hand when I'm driving the 50km to or from work on days I chose to not catch the train.

I had a cheap plastic frame thing that I cannot remember where I got it and it's about to die anyway.

Today I think I finally found a solution.

Advertisement

I was not keen on an air-vent mounted device as putting a putting a coffee in front of an air-vent blowing cool air is a bit pointless. However as Boyracer has demonstrated in the past, this is a suitable solution for a can of Coke.

While in REPCO getting oil for the C4 I browsed around and came across this device as picture below. Minor assembly is required, then you bend the rubber covered end of the arm to suit your car's door and hang it from the door. Even better my coffee mug fits too and it would take a 600ml drink bottle if required. Cost was $19.95 less my NRMA discount.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C5 X7 Cupholder-2015-03-13-17.02.34.jpg   C5 X7 Cupholder-2015-03-13-17.04.58.jpg   C5 X7 Cupholder-2015-03-13-17.05.18.jpg   C5 X7 Cupholder-2015-03-13-17.05.42.jpg   C5 X7 Cupholder-2015-03-13-17.05.49.jpg   C5 X7 Cupholder-2015-03-13-17.08.15.jpg  

C5 X7 Cupholder-2015-03-13-17.08.29.jpg  
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Not bad, but I still like my vent mounted cup holders.

I simply direct the cool air to the foot well and screen on my side when I've got a coffee going, which is every morning - and back to Auto to keep my coke cool for the evening run home.
    Cheers,
    Michael

Citroen Car Club of NSW - Member

1974 Citroen DS23 non Pallas BW Auto/Carby with Air-conditioning [AC640 Delta Blue]
    1972 Citroen DS21 5SPD EFI Pallas [AC088 Blanc Meije]

2012 Citroen C5 Exclusive 3.0L Auto Diesel [Noir Perla Nera]

1000+ Posts

Next you'll need a Foley catheter.
    frog likes this.

Craig.
    C5 X7 Cupholder-img_0409.jpgI had a door mount one as in your photos. Worked ok for taller containers but the shorter take away type did not fit,so I cut it down to a suitable level. This was fine until I once got out of the car and slammed the door, with a coffee in the holder. The result was not too pleasing. I made the central armrest one ( as seen in a previous thread) and this works very well. The tray under the holders can be extended to hold other munchies for your the journey to the Cit In.
    Held in place by velcro.
    Any spillage is held by the containers or the tray

Thread Information