Series 1 C5 lighting sensor
  • Register
  • Help

Default Series 1 C5 lighting sensor

Hi Froggers,
    just wondering how to remove the plastic cover behind the rear view mirror, how it unclips. Does it just pull down, or backwards? I don't want to break anything.
    cheers...

Advertisement

On mine the headlamp sensor is a bump atop the dash, but yours may be different.

I think the plastic assembly, including the miorror, is supposed to slide up towards the roof lining, then off. At least it does on Mephistopheles, but he's a series 2 I think.

I know this because prising it results in removing a chip of windcreen! Fortunately said chip glued back with superglue.

Good luck, Pottsy
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

2018 C3 Shine ("Oscar" Mrs P's)
    1974 D Special Manual Sedan ("Moby Dick")
    2006 C5 HDI Wagon Auto ("Mephistopheles")
    1982 2CV6 ("Gaston") Seasoned traveller
    1975 GS Pallas ("GiSelle") Next project
    And for Fun, 1968 Mini Deluxe ("The R & D'luxe" 1078cc, Grin Factor 100!)

Thanks for that Pottsy,
    I don't have a manual . I haven't needed one so far... and Haynes doesn't cover the V6 anyway.

So any ideas are a help. I'll let you know how it goes. I seem to have an intermittant fault in the auto headlight circuit. My first checkpoint will be the sensor and it's board, it's connections, and any soldering joints. It seems to be positioned correctly.

cheers... George 1/8th.

Ok.
    If you have a series 1 C5 and you want to get access to the rain and or lighting sensors which are positioned inside the windscreen just in front of the rear vision mirror, under the large black plactic cover, here's what you do.
    1. Remove the rear vision mirror as a complete assembly, which includes the black cover. You just gently but firmly pull it downwards and forwards at the same time. Be careful not to stress any wires, and if your mirror has the electronics, disconnect the wire at the connection plug.
    2. Now you can remove the lighting sensor assembly, it just un-clips, from it's holder on the screen, and you can disconnect the wire if you carefully open the release catch on the plug assembly.
    3. Carefully separate the front and rear half of the sensor cover assembly.
    4. Carefully remove the circuit with the sensors. Check all circuit connections for dry joints, and any unusual things like dirt or foreign particles.
    Reassemble and test.

Cheers... George 1/8th.
    Last edited by George 1/8th; 16th March 2015 at 09:10 AM.

Thread Information