citroen sm,what wiring goes inside seat,how to remove seat tilt lever
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Hotrodelectric

Thread: citroen sm,what wiring goes inside seat,how to remove seat tilt lever

Icon11 citroen sm,what wiring goes inside seat,how to remove seat tilt lever

just curious as to what a couple of factory looking electrical wires that go inside the passenger seat from the back into the centre cushion area would be for and can anyone explain how to remove the chrome lever on side of seat that tilts seat forward/back as trying to remove the trim that goes on back of the seat and have found 2 small bolts by looking under base of seat but cant see how to get lever off and hole is to small to get trim past without removing lever
    thanks

Advertisement

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

For the wires- do you have heated seats? Perhaps a power headrest adjustment?
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

seems to go into the actual padding in centre of cushion but its only into the right hand bucket seat which is passenger side in this car
    very confident its factory but don't have a list of what options were available for the sm regarding the seats
    theres no wiring or provisions for on the left hand bucket either which seems very strange
    appreciate help to solve this mystery
    thanks guys

Damn my eyes- I read XM, not SM. Isn't there a courtesy lamp in the backrest? I have to check, but it also may have something to do with a pressure sensor for the seat belt warning.
    robmac and Jinandfonic like this.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

ok have figured out how to remove tilt lever so disregard and have pulled thing with wiring out of one section of centre padding
    its long and narrow and looks like some kind of sensor
    may post a pic as very curious and not sure why only 1 seat would have it
    thanks

sounds like a primitive bug. Is the car ex gov?

Quote Originally Posted by levit8 View Post
    ok have figured out how to remove tilt lever so disregard and have pulled thing with wiring out of one section of centre padding
    its long and narrow and looks like some kind of sensor
    may post a pic as very curious and not sure why only 1 seat would have it
    thanks
    Do you know what market your car was originally for? The sensor (should be just a simple 2-piece pressure contact) is for the seat belt warning. I know the Canadian and US market got that, don't know if the Euro cars got it or not. The reason for "passenger" side only was the use was occasional. It wa an input telling the system you had a passenger. Without that input, it was assumed you were the only one in the car, and the buzzer and lamp were killed by completing the ground circuit with your belt buckle.

These systems are almost primitive by today's standards, and easy to defeat if not already done.

sorry guys for long delay
    car is originally from California but I shipped it from Washington
    makes sense as far as being a seat belt warning light especially with location of sensor in seat
    thanks for your help

Thread Information