The Coupe is alive again
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By d coupe

Thread: The Coupe is alive again

Default The Coupe is alive again

Drove the Coupe for the first time today (just up and down the drive way) since fitting the new motor and 5 speed box. Still need to sort the exhaust, wheel alignment and so on, but early indications there seems plenty of power and revs very quickly. Only a matter of weeks and I should be able to do a proper road test (too much time on other life issues unfortunately)
    The Coupe is alive again-2015-02-24-16.21.32.jpgThe Coupe is alive again-2015-02-24-16.21.45.jpgThe Coupe is alive again-2015-02-24-16.23.39.jpg

Advertisement
    Wayne
    Life may not be the party you hoped for, but while you're here you may as well dance

Citroen DS 23 Coupe
    Citroen CX 2400 Wagon
    Ford Territory TS AWD

Looks Awesome!
    What have you done with the waterpump? Is that an electric pump down next to the LHM reservoir?
    Love the cold air intake! Very professional.
    Dual Thermo fans, CX radiator!
    I bet it will go like the clappers!
    Cheers Gerry

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

I gots to know- what motor is that? It doesn't look like any D motor I've ever seen.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Interesting. Have you found it blows that injection manifold off if it ever backfires through the carby for any reason (someone had mounted a carbie to my ds21ie when I got it, and that could happen). What have you done with the engine (other than of course all the incredible looking fabrication work you can see in the piccie ....
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    I gots to know- what motor is that? It doesn't look like any D motor I've ever seen.
    It's the CX rocker cover that's throwing you
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    It's the CX rocker cover that's throwing you
    OK, a CX motor. I geddit now. A 2500 I would guess.

See? I don't know everything.....
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    OK, a CX motor. I geddit now. A 2500 I would guess.

See? I don't know everything.....
    I'd say more likey a DS engine with a CX rocker cover There's probably not a huge amount of difference in the blocks ... the CX engine spinning the wrong way would certainly make life difficult
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Hi People
    The motor is a DS23 Automatic block, I removed the oil cooler and ran it to an oil cooler in the LH/F stone tray (where the air con would have been). Its been balanced, a few KG's of the flywheel (can't remember how much), a Cooper S grind on the cam (had a heavier grind but the induction system and the cam overlap didn't work well). Had the head rebuilt with a little porting and polishing (that was an effort). It is an injected head and I cut the butterfly section off and made an adapter plate (originally left the front section on but the Weber didn't like it so I shortened it and made it a Siamese port). I did have problems with it blowing the manifold off initially, but since I shortened it and used turbo clamps that problem has gone. I have flared the Y pipe to 2" and will get an exhaust system made at 2". I had the manifold and down pipe ceramic coated but it seems to still get really hot, so I need to source some aluminium covers to help on that one.
    A CX radiator and rocker cover, there are previous threads on the water pump system, which works amazingly well.
    There is still a lot of sorting out to do before I can properly road test it, but when I drove it yesterday it did feel very responsive. I gave it quite a few revs when I took off and it accelerated quite quick (when I put the bin out last night there were wheel spin marks in first and second gear).
    Must admit I am keep to get it sorted and will probably will dyno it, to get the carby and ignition sorted (using a fuel injected distributor, so the advance curve may not work well).
    Wayne
    Life may not be the party you hoped for, but while you're here you may as well dance

Citroen DS 23 Coupe
    Citroen CX 2400 Wagon
    Ford Territory TS AWD

Quote Originally Posted by d coupe View Post
    Hi People
    The motor is a DS23 Automatic block, I removed the oil cooler and ran it to an oil cooler in the LH/F stone tray (where the air con would have been). Its been balanced, a few KG's of the flywheel (can't remember how much), a Cooper S grind on the cam (had a heavier grind but the induction system and the cam overlap didn't work well). Had the head rebuilt with a little porting and polishing (that was an effort). It is an injected head and I cut the butterfly section off and made an adapter plate (originally left the front section on but the Weber didn't like it so I shortened it and made it a Siamese port). I did have problems with it blowing the manifold off initially, but since I shortened it and used turbo clamps that problem has gone. I have flared the Y pipe to 2" and will get an exhaust system made at 2". I had the manifold and down pipe ceramic coated but it seems to still get really hot, so I need to source some aluminium covers to help on that one.
    A CX radiator and rocker cover, there are previous threads on the water pump system, which works amazingly well.
    There is still a lot of sorting out to do before I can properly road test it, but when I drove it yesterday it did feel very responsive. I gave it quite a few revs when I took off and it accelerated quite quick (when I put the bin out last night there were wheel spin marks in first and second gear).
    Must admit I am keep to get it sorted and will probably will dyno it, to get the carby and ignition sorted (using a fuel injected distributor, so the advance curve may not work well).
    ohhhh First Citroen Hoon!!
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

This is a remarkable effort. Very pretty under bonnet, and we haven't discussed the neat body mods!
    '04 Megane
    Gone but not forgotten
    '71 16 TS, '72 16 TL, '74 15TS,'82 20TS Series 2, '85 25 GTX. '49 L15,

Thread Information