Radio/time/temp screen
  • Register
  • Help

Default Radio/time/temp screen

With the temp approaching 40 degrees c on the big island early this week I found that the centre dashboard info screen black out progressively (2011 C5 HDI Comfort Tourer). As we toured down the Maroondah highway, the cold front came through with a drop of temperature of 15 degrees, the blackness dissipated back (in the sky as well) to the normal orange. My son's 407 (2006 year) exhibited the same problem. I haven't seen this phenomenon discussed on A-F. Are we a statistical aberration (or just family related family).

Advertisement
    2014 C5 2.2 HDI Limited Edition Sedan
    2007 C5 2.2 HDI Hatchback
    2007 C4 1.6 HDI EGS Sedan
    Peugeot Mi16 Series 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenine View Post
    With the temp approaching 40 degrees c on the big island early this week I found that the centre dashboard info screen black out progressively (2011 C5 HDI Comfort Tourer). As we toured down the Maroondah highway, the cold front came through with a drop of temperature of 15 degrees, the blackness dissipated back (in the sky as well) to the normal orange. My son's 407 (2006 year) exhibited the same problem. I haven't seen this phenomenon discussed on A-F. Are we a statistical aberration (or just family related family).
    It's a generic LCD issue. High temperatures will do this. Leave your monochromatic mobile phone in the sun and the same will happen. Not sure if colour screens are affected at higher or lower temperature levels. Doesn't seem to do lasting damage but I wouldn't push the boundary too far.

SF.

Happens in my 407 as well. Newer screens don't have same issue. Replacement screens are ~$200 on eBay.
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

We have purchased newer screens at European Imports Box Hill for two thirds this price. We will report back once installed.
    2014 C5 2.2 HDI Limited Edition Sedan
    2007 C5 2.2 HDI Hatchback
    2007 C4 1.6 HDI EGS Sedan
    Peugeot Mi16 Series 2

Thread Information